Where can I find the electric plug to connect the LED driver to the electric socket?

mw-b

Joined Mar 14, 2019
Hi there. I want to connect the LED driver to the EU plug. The reason that I mount it to the ac socket instead of connecting cables to the AC plug. This makes LED and fan more portable and easily usable.
LED: 100W 20-24 V 3000mA LED
LED Driver:100W AC85-265V To DC 20-39V 3000mA Constant Current Power Supply
Will regular EU plug work?
Or I need a specific plug(100 watts) to do that?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Post a diagram of what you want to do. If you're planning to use an AC plug for something that shouldn't be connected to line voltage, I'd recommend against doing that.

mw-b

Joined Mar 14, 2019
Post a diagram of what you want to do. If you're planning to use an AC plug for something that shouldn't be connected to line voltage, I'd recommend against doing that.
Thanks. Led driver input is AC 100-240V. So I directly connect the cables of the LED driver to the cables which is under the 220 AC V line voltage. So instead of disassembling electric socket, I want to connect it with just electric plug with connecting the input cables of led to the electric plug.

mvas

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I say ... NO.

You need to reply with the exact Model # and a URL link to the web page.

Not only will you need a EU Plug, you may also need an approved EU Power Cord.
Some (many) of these LED CC Power Supplies were not designed to be carried by humans.
The LED CC Power Supply may need to be mounted inside of a larger project, where the proper electrical connections are made.
The LED CC Power Supply may need to be grounded.
You must obey all IEC - Electrical Codes.

Last edited:

mw-b

Joined Mar 14, 2019
I say ... NO.

You need to reply with the exact Model # and a URL link to the web page.

Not only will you need a EU Plug, you may also need an approved EU Power Cord.
Some (many) of these LED CC Power Supplies were not designed to be carried by humans.
The LED CC Power Supply may need to be mounted inside of a larger project, where the proper electrical connections are made.
The LED CC Power Supply may need to be grounded.
You must obey all IEC - Electrical Codes.
Thank you.
Here are the product pages, I hope this helps.
100W AC85-265V To DC 20-34V 3000mA Constant Current Power Supply(Here)
100W 20-24 V 3000mA LED(Here)