where can find a kind of Jumper wires

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Hi,
I bought many Jumper wires, all feel stiff, not flexible.
where can find some better one? flexible, durable both for the pin and wire?
Thanks
Adam

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Breadboard jumpers or patch cables? Since you said stiff, I assume breadboard. I've never seen stranded breadboard jumpers but you could make them with No. 22 stranded wire and header pins. Easier if you have the proper pin crimper.
1620586082876.png

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
But beware the cheap 'Dupont' copies whose pins are so soft they break off in the breadboard almost as soon as you start using them... (and the female ones grip only once).

The pin-jumpers at the middle & bottom of this breadboard with the circular fitting are the ones I fnd most robust. The'dupont' crimped style with a square cover at the top right are the typical shape of the cheap ones

1620587620102.png

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I use both Dupont wires that are sort of flexible although still solid wire and solid stripped w/o pins No. 22 wire. In addition to the assortment of stripped solid wire kit (which has mostly sizes I don't use) I also fabbed more of my basic needed jumpers.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
But beware the cheap 'Dupont' copies whose pins are so soft they break off in the breadboard almost as soon as you start using them... (and the female ones grip only once).

The pin-jumpers at the middle & bottom of this breadboard with the circular fitting are the ones I fnd most robust. The'dupont' crimped style with a square cover at the top right are the typical shape of the cheap ones

View attachment 237869
Thanks.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The problem I have with the box kit on top is I never use most of the longer wires and fabbed more of the shorter wires. 2-6 spaces.
These have a few longer wires that come in handy. 2-3 bundles will do ya.
1620591201733.png
I like to use both the fixed wires and jumpers as needed. Having a bunch of jumpers waving in the air acting like antennas is asking for signal problems.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
The problem I have with the box kit on top is I never use most of the longer wires and fabbed more of the shorter wires. 2-6 spaces.
These have a few longer wires that come in handy. 2-3 bundles will do ya.
View attachment 237878
I like to use both the fixed wires and jumpers as needed. Having a bunch of jumpers waving in the air acting like antennas is asking for signal problems.
Thank you.