What's Your Fastest Stock Time On Any Road

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You can have a couple of times,you may have had more than one hot car.

FAST CAN BE CONSIDERED ROAD RAGE BY HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENTS

ROAD RAGE AND SMOKING CAN ALSO BE ON POLY'S FOR VERY GOOD JOBS.

ALSO RISKY ACTIVITIES CAN BE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING INSURANCE

THIS IS A BILL BOARD FOR GETING THAT GOOD JOB

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Uhhhhh I dunno what your asking but I had a 86 Iroc I got up too 135 on mount eagle in TN/GA. The same run that made the Bandit famous. It was cool because I blew by the telmex Rolex car hauler heading to Homestead for a race.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Until last year, I had a hot car. hotter than most. It was a '99 Pontiac Trans Am. I had a motor built for it (regrettably, I didn't do the work myself) and 6spd manual transmission. + a bunch of little things here and there. When it was all said and done, I had dumped about 20k$ into it over a 2 year period. What I ended up with was 490HP at the rear wheels and under 3000lbs. That's well above 500HP at the engine. I never took it to the track, but I had someone time me 0-60, under 4 sec. but I never broke the speed limit :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
On a german Autobahn. I once had a speed equal to 250 km per hour. Then the engine speed limiter kicked in. It was not for long. It would not have been good for engine. It is not used to high revs. At home on highways it is seldom above 2000 RPM. In my own country the speed limit is a mere 100 km per hour on the high way. And the fines for speeding are VERY expensive. So I leave the speeding to others
Also by doing excessive speeding on a non controlled environment. Like a public road. You may not end just kill or cripple your self. But also others that take no part of your speeding

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My observation, based on working on machines built by Germans and machines built by Americans, has been that germans don't think the same way as others. This has caused me to ponder 'how does a German think', and not knowing the answer to that question, I couldn't possibly know the answer to yours. I suspect they have their own forum, with a completely nonintuitive (for us) layout where they discuss the same things as we do, but with completely different approaches and ideas. They probably wouldn't like it here.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Just over 210mph, chickened out. 2 wheels on interstate, cars going 80mph were just coming at me too fast.

Car: about 145 my Mitsu 3000

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The problem with speedometers that register higher speeds is that people like me have a tendency to see ... if it'll go that fast. At age 18, a little over four decades ago, I did have a BSA 650 up to 150, well over the speed limit, when the police flagged me. Silly me, I didn't have my license with me but the officer bought my true story on why I was going so fast ... it involved the amount of time I had to pick up this girl, take her to where we were going, and have her back home ... the fun was happening at where we were going. Time waits for no one.

Now of course, I now drive S&R, safe and reasonable. Of course my S&R might be above the posted limits.

I've seen S&R at well under the posted speed ... under icy conditions. :D

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@Joe,with that hat you could still get away with that story, the lucky Texas women.
Has any people you know come up and said they saw you on the Forum.
You you tell your friends where to find you on the Forum.
Does the guys at the pool hall know you are good in electronics.
I left out the associations you belong to.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
My observation, based on working on machines built by Germans and machines built by Americans, has been that germans don't think the same way as others. This has caused me to ponder 'how does a German think', and not knowing the answer to that question, I couldn't possibly know the answer to yours. I suspect they have their own forum, with a completely nonintuitive (for us) layout where they discuss the same things as we do, but with completely different approaches and ideas. They probably wouldn't like it here.
This has always made me have a theory. We basically decimated a entire generation of germen men. After WW2 the smart scientist didn't fight and were actually traded for like poker chips between the US and Russia. This makes me wonder if this is why germans are such good engineers, and brainiacs. If you were a kid and saw all the smart people live, and the not so smart people die. You may crack your books a lil harder too. Just a wierd theory I often think about. I'm half german.