What's the most basic (primitive) yet working Theremin circuit that still operates on the core EM principle?

goopygoober

Joined Dec 5, 2023
So to explain,

I've been searching for a simple circuit for a Theremin device that still operates on EM principle, but only simpler one's I found were mostly photoresistor Theremins and or Arduino Theremins.

One of the reasonswhy I want as simple of a circuit as possible is to so I have the ability explain it and understand how it works better. Although main point really is to get my classmates more interested into electricalengineering and show them how combining music with it, can generate some awesome results,

thanks!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
So to explain,

I've been searching for a simple circuit for a Theremin device that still operates on EM principle, but only simpler one's I found were mostly photoresistor Theremins and or Arduino Theremins.

One of the reasonswhy I want as simple of a circuit as possible is to so I have the ability explain it and understand how it works better. Although main point really is to get my classmates more interested into electricalengineering and show them how combining music with it, can generate some awesome results,

thanks!
All kinds are here:
http://www.thereminworld.com/schematics?tag=Schematics&asc=True

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
When a circuit is really simplified by a skilled designer it is often the case that what looks like a simple design is in reality quite elegant and not easy to explain. In addition, the operation of an actual, real, theremin is not so very simple.