whats the deal with flytrap seeds? All fake so far!

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I dont get why they put so much effort into ripping off people with these seeds- it is just a little money.

1. Bought grow kits from a Euro store.

-The seeds dead nothing growing from them
-Not flytrap seeds at all.

2. Ordered some bags from a chinese seller.

-Delivered Morning glory seeds.
-Got a refund.

3. Ordered from two other chinese.

-Packages forged, the manufacturer uses aluminium coated bags, these are just plain with a smaller bag inside
-Labelling for an unrelated plant species on the backside
-Seeds are something else, not this plant either.

4. Order from another chinese pending for arrival

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My son has gotten some as gifts and bought them himself locally. They are a very common plant where they are found, I think it is Georgia or Florida. Never tried growing them from scratch.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Importing seeds and nuts is a big pain in the ass in the US and carefully regulated. Every plant or seed importation must be inspected unless the importer has pre-approved status. Dogs are used to find and dispose if many seed imports every day. The dogs at the airports even find fresh nuts in trail mix (personal experience).

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Importing seeds and nuts is a big pain in the ass in the US and carefully regulated. Every plant or seed importation must be inspected unless the importer has pre-approved status. Dogs are used to find and dispose if many seed imports every day. The dogs at the airports even find fresh nuts in trail mix (personal experience).
You forget to mention bulbs. Plants, seeds, bulbs or parts thereof.