what's the best inverter use with PV and why?

So, you want 3 phase inverters for a 5 megawatt solar power plant that can produce positive and negative power factor at no voltage to help correct the power factor of the local electric grid at 10 kV RMS and 60 Hz, right?

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Oh my God, I have designed 0,1 MW converters, and tell the sad truth it demanded about year of three man group. But to construct a 10 MW I havent even a good idea about element basis. The roughly 2000 Amps are the most outer limit for ANY igbt except the coming polycristalline diamond semiconductors, and never and noone will not paralleling it more than dozen in parallel. Even wires You shall have a cross section of railway rail, and I have no any clue how looks a high voltage capacitors for kiloFarads. Moreover - solar is giving rather small voltages what makes a problem more complex.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
As you may guess from the above replies, you do need to be a bit more definite in your question.

It is a bit like asking what is the best transport and why. (what are you moving, where, how far and how fast, what are you expecting to pay,.....)

So much depends on your application, power rating and size of your wallet to name a few items.
If you feel like asking again with a bit more info, you possibly may get a little bit better answer.
But there is no one real answer to your question.