What Signal should I look for?

sahaine

Joined May 8, 2023
I'm trying to diagnose the signal sent to the red and blue cables on this board :

20230508_180858.jpg

I am trying to use a logic analyzer but have no idea what type of signal I am looking for. Any help would be extremely gratefully received.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I'm trying to diagnose the signal sent to the red and blue cables on this board :

View attachment 293761

I am trying to use a logic analyzer but have no idea what type of signal I am looking for. Any help would be extremely gratefully received.
Are red and blue, two distinct outputs? try doing some basic observation on a scope, look at the two signals together (use a two channel scope), get some idea of the basic characteristics like amplitude, some idea of frequencies or periods etc.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I'd even initially suspect that the red/blue wires are in fact power, but from the phrasing of the question it seems not.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Give us a clue as to what this board does. It looks like the signal goes to some sort of signal conditioner circuit before going to what looks like a Intel digital device chip with 8 bit latches.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
It looks like an input signal to a CNY optocoupler, with a diode across the input, so it may be a low voltage AC or DC.

sahaine

Joined May 8, 2023
Are red and blue, two distinct outputs? try doing some basic observation on a scope, look at the two signals together (use a two channel scope), get some idea of the basic characteristics like amplitude, some idea of frequencies or periods etc.
I think there is only one output