What makes an AAC user an "Active Member"?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
As a personal opinion, regardless of what some computer generated title says, HP is not well known!
Indeed! Six months and ~1,000 counted posts do not a celebrity make!:D:D:D

HP that doesn't make any sense! Are you saying like old 4hv where must take aptitude test to promote? I thought then that only to join? What means OCS?
'Tis drollery gone astray:( -- I was drawing a parallel to military hierarchy --- specifically promotion from a non-commissioned rank to a commissioned rank (hence stripes vs bars) -- though - not being especially au fait with military terminology - maybe my post really didn't make any sense after all?:eek::eek::eek:

Very best regards
HP:)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
It is entirely a post count system.

Off topic posts do not go to the count.
FWIW: It seems tenure comes into it too? --- For instance 'Active Members' with less than 500 points have greater than 5 years tenure -- Moreover, it seems similar considerations apply to other 'ranks' (though I presently ignore the specifics)...

Very best regards
HP:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Given rules do drift over time, it's gonna happen. But if you leave one post a week for ten years tenure does count, but not the way you are thinking.

There was a time we counted off topic posts, but then changed. The current site then recalculated the number of posts for everyone. If my off topic posts were counted I would probably be over 10K posts, seems I'm pretty verbose. Estrogen has only made that worse.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Re: my 'rank' --- As a 'nascent' participant averaging 170 counted posts/month - perhaps "Motor-Mouth Member" would be a more descriptive moniker:eek::oops:

With loquacious regards
HP:D

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Be very careful when you say that, as an admin can bestow special titles. :)

I am a member at Major Geeks, a computer / anti-malware site I recommend very highly, where it is done all the time.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm pretty verbose. Estrogen has only made that worse.
You are in an almost unique position to know some of the differences between Men and Women. This little fact right here is like Science News to me. I have spent most of my life wondering why women can't stand silence. Hormonal, huh? Must be pretty powerful stuff.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Another trans friend once said to me, "Men don't understand women, women don't understand men. We understand both, but no one understands us."

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Life is not fair guys,I know.....you have to make your post count.

Post content that wraps around there mind,make them think.

Be like Trump ,post big....post big stories..tall stories.