What kind of watch do you wear?

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Being completely mad about watches, the first thing I look for when I meet someone for the first time is their watch. The watch they're wearing can tell me allot about their personality, more so than the clothes they're wearing, the manor in which they speak or the car they drive. If I meet a suited up mortgage adviser with a Suunto tucked beneath his double cuff, I'd assume that he resents his stuffy office and his desk and looks forward to the weekend where he can bugger off for a 100 mile ride on his 10 speed. I met a taxi driver who wore an Rolex Explorer II but it looked badly beaten with dings and scratches everywhere, not the sort of ware that you'd expect a taxi driver to inflict on his watch. I asked him what he did in his spare time and I was almost bang on with my guess that he's a rock climber, he likes bouldering.

I'd like to get to know everyone here a little better, post a picture of your watch.

Jay

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Being completely mad about watches, the first thing I look for when I meet someone for the first time is their watch. The watch they're wearing can tell me allot about their personality, more so than the clothes they're wearing, the manor in which they speak or the car they drive. If I meet a suited up mortgage adviser with a Suunto tucked beneath his double cuff, I'd assume that he resents his stuffy office and his desk and looks forward to the weekend where he can bugger off for a 100 mile ride on his 10 speed. I met a taxi driver who wore an Rolex Explorer II but it looked badly beaten with dings and scratches everywhere, not the sort of ware that you'd expect a taxi driver to inflict on his watch. I asked him what he did in his spare time and I was almost bang on with my guess that he's a rock climber, he likes bouldering.

I'd like to get to know everyone here a little better, post a picture of your watch.

Jay
So, let me get this straight. You are openly telling us that you want to get to know us better, but you don't want us to tell you about ourselves. You only want us to tell you about our watch so you can then fantasize/stereotype/fit us into some pigeon hole of personalities that you have previous linked to a particular brand or model of watch. Since there are so many different brands and models, you have not likely met a person that wears each brand/model and, therefore, you are likely just fitting each person you know into a box that corresponds to the activity they guy in the staged and photoshopped Advertisement in a magazine like Mens Health/Playboy/ or where ever watch companies are placing ads these days.

So, are you interested in how I stereotype you for your attempt to stereotype people by looking at their watch?
Are you interested in how I stereotype you based on your interest in watches?
Are you interested in how I stereotype you for not knowing the difference between "ware" and "wear"?

image.jpg

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
I don't have a watch, There's a 24 hour clock at the bottom of my computer screen. When I go out I use my steam cellphone to tell the time. If I want to know the time in the middle of the night I just make a loud noise and within seconds someone will be sure to shout out, "who is making all that noise at three o clock in the morning!

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
You judge people by the watches they wear?
Who said I was judging? "You're black which means you must be a criminal", that's judging! I simply said that a person's watch is the first thing my eye is drawn too, more so than the shoes or clothes they're wearing.

Man, that's really... messed up. Yeesh!
You must mean that in a way where you're not judging me, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite ;)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I don't "ware" watches. "Their" not necessary in my everyday life. I saw an "add" for a fancy "won" on the "forth" of last month but decided I didn't need to "by" it. I decided to go "too" the store to buy some "meet" for a sandwich instead.

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
I don't "ware" watches. "Their" not necessary in my everyday life. I saw an "add" for a fancy "won" on the "forth" of last month but decided I didn't need to "by" it. I decided to go "too" the store to buy some "meet" for a sandwich instead.
I'm dyslexic.

Do you usually poke fun at disabled people?

...how to post like a twat