So, has anyone designed a glass with UV lights in the bottom???Tonic water will fluoresce under UV.
Don't know... but my young padawan made a bottle with UV LED under the stopper.So, has anyone designed a glass with UV lights in the bottom???![]()
TV remotes and such us IR LED's, not UV.Most digital cameras will display UV LEDs in their displays when pointed at the LED. Mine did when I pointed the TV remote to it and pushed buttons of the remote.
Well at least I thougt I read IRjust a point of clarification. Leftyretro said;
TV remotes and such us IR LED's, not UV.
In the old days, LEDs were cast in a plastic that was colored to block the off-spectrum light. Red LEDs were red, green LEDs were green, etc.I got it in an LED grab bag. It's clear (no color) out-of-circuit, but glows red when in-circuit. Is this a special kind of LED?
As a child of the 60's, I remember we used to turn off the white lights, and turn on the UV. Lint on dark pants would brightly glow, providing a bit of amusement.
--Rich
I love this! Thanks Wookie!With "grab bag" LEDs, you'll never know what you're actually getting. Most of them will be safe to operate at 20mA. You can create a 20mA constant current source by using a 62 Ohm resistor and an LM317 voltage regulator to help you sort out your LEDs, and determine their Vf's (forward voltages) in conjunction with a digital multimeter (cheap nowadays).
Connect the 62 Ohm resistor from the OUT terminal of the LM317 to the ADJ terminal. Connect a 7v to 12v source to the IN terminal. Connect your LED from the ADJ terminal to the return path (ground). Measure the Vf across the LED.