What is wrong with this layout?

CamaroZ28

Joined Apr 20, 2017
I built a board exact to this one with only a few equivalent parts swapped. J201 with 2n5817, 1n914 diode with 1n34a, 1n5817 with nte583. Ics are rc4558p, and cd4049ube. I hear my guitar clean when its off but when i turn the circut on all sound is gone no hum no buzz, nothing.

Im just starting out trying to learn things here but i can't figure out why. Maybe the pins on the ic are wrong on the schematic?

I thank who ever helps me!

3928844_orig.gif

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
There has to be places where the copper is removed to isolate sections from each other.

Currently just looking at IC1 and IC2, all pins on one side are directly connected to all pins on the opposite side of the chips.

You are missing some important details somewhere.

CamaroZ28

Joined Apr 20, 2017
There has to be places where the copper is removed to isolate sections from each other.

Currently just looking at IC1 and IC2, all pins on one side are directly connected to all pins on the opposite side of the chips.

You are missing some important details somewhere.
Those red squares are the cut offs

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Are your ic's oriented correctly?
Pin 1 on both are pointing in opposite directions.

Basically you just have to go over your own work till you find the mistake.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Trace down connections in the schematic for base/emitter/collector, gate/source/drain
Verify pin out of the device with its placement on the board.
3 pin devices often have variants with pins swapped around.

CamaroZ28

Joined Apr 20, 2017
I guess the red squares indicate track breaks but they're not all easy to see. For instance, there's one under C4.
Also note the link on column 19 which appears to connect to 6 places.
There's a separate sheet that gives the cut offs and i have the link on 19 connected to 5 places, ground. Pin 3 5 7 8 and pot lug 1. Could my pots be bad? The 100k's.

CamaroZ28

Joined Apr 20, 2017
What did the good people over at DIY stompboxes.com say?
I can't make an account there for some reason im not getting a confirmation email. That's why im bothering you guys. I love learning about all this im just new to it so im having all the trouble a new guy would have trying to learn through the Internet. And all the stupid questions that go with it. I genuinely appreciate the help.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks like you are using the wrong type of 4049.
The schemaic is asking for an 4049A and you are using a B type.
The A type is unbuffred and the B type is buffered.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

OK, I stand corrected, the UBE are unbuffered.
Be carefull as they are static sensitive and can easely be blown.

Bertus

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hello,

OK, I stand corrected, the UBE are unbuffered.
Be carefull as they are static sensitive and can easely be blown.

Bertus
Weren't the A Type unbuffered also? Real show shoppers, so hard to find. And that was 30 years ago...

Last edited: