What is this connector called and how can I find small ones

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
So I have some buttons and switches that I would like to find this type of connector for.

doesn't need to have the plastic part. I'd like to be able to solder the wire to the connector.

Terminals are:

2x0.5mm
and

2.8x0.5mm

Will I be able to find something like this?

Attachments

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
It's a spade connector. They are normally crimped onto the wire and the bit of plastic helps to stop the wire breaking at the joint.

Just google "spade connector" you will find what you need.

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
It's a spade connector. They are normally crimped onto the wire and the bit of plastic helps to stop the wire breaking at the joint.

Just google "spade connector" you will find what you need.
Thanks for the name that will help. So I shouldn't have a problem finding any that small then?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Another term is Stake-on connectors, they come in 3 sizes of blade size and for various wire gauges.
The colour indicates the wire gauge.
Max.

I always called them "spade terminals", but apparently they're called quick-disconnects.

Digi-Key has them under the Breadcrumb trail:
Rich (BB code):
Product Index > Connectors, Interconnects > Terminals - Quick Connects, Quick Disconnect Connectors
Mouser has them under:
Rich (BB code):
All Products   > Connectors   > Terminals w/ Search: Quick Disconnect

Joined Nov 30, 2010
.1 inch by .02 inches :confused:
That's really small!
To me, .187 inches wide is the, "little ones".
I would not have figured this out for you.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
"Standard sizes" in the US are .093"/.110"/.187"/.250" wide x .020" or .032" thickness
Called "Quick connect" or "Faston (Amp now TE tradename)" or "Spade" connectors

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
Spad size sorry I was not clear on that. Wire size doesn't matter to muc if it won't stay connected to the terminal :)

Thanks for everyones help. Once I got the names google was much more helpful in finding what I need.

JMW

Joined Nov 21, 2011
Most auto parts stores carry them. However your local marine store will/may have water resistant types available. The crimp tool is important. The type that comes in a kit and also cuts screws is not a good choice. A ratchet type is preferred. It crimps in two places and completely crimps the connector. These are for stranded wire only. In addition the stranded wire used in house wiring is sometimes too stiff to crimp properly. As for soldering it is not recommended. The solder wicks up the wire and makes it susceptible to metal fatigue failure. Too make a water resistant connection, get the type with an extended sleeve, it has heat shrink with glue on the inside, it is quite good.

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
not sure where I said I want water resistant. Also never said stranded. I actually would prefer soder not crimp but I do have a pair of crimpers.

Was mostly looking for a easier way to connect to terminals of some buttons instead of soldering wires to them.