What is going on with these Earbuds?

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
I bought some rechargeable Earbuds. Very cheaply made.
I cannot return them because I do not have the receipt. Besides, it's not worth the return.

I plug them in to charge and the charge light on them go from Red for a split second and then stuck on Blue, but..turning them on does nothing. I received them from the store like this.

I looked inside and the LIPO cell in them have a protection board.

What could be causing this to possibly happen? Is the LIPO cell bad? Is it the protection board on the LIPO Cell? Should i get some new LIPO Cells?
 

Attachments

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
read the manual and see what the LED state indicates.
Says nothing about LED status when charging. Only tells me in the charging section to plug them in to charge before using them for the first time and charging takes 2 hours.
Only other LED thing it states if you hold the power button for 5 seconds it flashes the light red and blue.
 
Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
14,385
I have a wireless mouse which I originally thought was broken. It won't stay switched on until it detects a Bluetooth signal from my PC. Perhaps your earbuds behave likewise?
I also have wireless headphones. A red LED indicates charging. A blue LED indicates normal working. Your earbuds may give similar indications.
 

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
I have a wireless mouse which I originally thought was broken. It won't stay switched on until it detects a Bluetooth signal from my PC. Perhaps your earbuds behave likewise?
I also have wireless headphones. A red LED indicates charging. A blue LED indicates normal working. Your earbuds may give similar indications.
Nope! I enabled the USB Bluetooth on my computer and nothing.
One day i went back to the store and asked about complaints about it to a employee. The employee said that there's too many being sold in the store that are reported DEAD by customers and she only was able to get One of the many working.
What the...
 

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
3,147
Have you measured the voltage across the battery terminals with the charger disconnected? It should be at least 2.7V. It sounds as though the battery has discharged to below its minimum and will not accept a charge any more. The only solution in that case is to replace the battery.
 

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
Have you measured the voltage across the battery terminals with the charger disconnected? It should be at least 2.7V. It sounds as though the battery has discharged to below its minimum and will not accept a charge any more. The only solution in that case is to replace the battery.
I tried to which is hard cause of how they are setup.
When i did. i got nothing, no voltage on the battery connections.
 

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
19,069
If the batteries are removable then remove them and check the voltage. If they are dead then try charging them with A singl1 1.5 volt battery. If they do not accept any charge at all then the batteries are defective. If they do charge a small amount then the charging system is the problem, possibly a poor connection.
 

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
If the batteries are removable then remove them and check the voltage. If they are dead then try charging them with A singl1 1.5 volt battery. If they do not accept any charge at all then the batteries are defective. If they do charge a small amount then the charging system is the problem, possibly a poor connection.
I thank you all for your input! I really do!
But truthfully with the risk of LIPO cells and not wanting to start a fire or whatever, i think KeithWalker helped me consider truthfully that the cells are bad. Plus they feel a tad bit inflated (not huge amount, but noticeable when you gently feel them).
From my research, it hints they are bad. Which is odd since i saw a protection board on the cells themselves, i'd think they'd be protected from failure such as overdischarging and other issues. Well they might not have had the best protection after all for them.
I am going to go with replacing them.
 

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
19,069
I thank you all for your input! I really do!
But truthfully with the risk of LIPO cells and not wanting to start a fire or whatever, i think KeithWalker helped me consider truthfully that the cells are bad. Plus they feel a tad bit inflated (not huge amount, but noticeable when you gently feel them).
From my research, it hints they are bad. Which is odd since i saw a protection board on the cells themselves, i'd think they'd be protected from failure such as overdischarging and other issues. Well they might not have had the best protection after all for them.
I am going to go with replacing them.
I suggested the charging scheme as I did to avoid the hazard of overheating or overcharging Did you ignore the fact that I specifically said charge them with a single 1.5 volt cell??? Do you understand that normal charging is several volts?? And that charging with a much lower voltage will not even approach a normal charge?? The intent was to determine if the cells would accept any charge..
 

Thread Starter

zyf444e668

Joined May 5, 2018
10
If the batteries are removable then remove them and check the voltage. If they are dead then try charging them with A singl1 1.5 volt battery. If they do not accept any charge at all then the batteries are defective. If they do charge a small amount then the charging system is the problem, possibly a poor connection.
I suggested the charging scheme as I did to avoid the hazard of overheating or overcharging Did you ignore the fact that I specifically said charge them with a single 1.5 volt cell??? Do you understand that normal charging is several volts?? And that charging with a much lower voltage will not even approach a normal charge?? The intent was to determine if the cells would accept any charge..
Sorry
Well i tried as you suggested and still nothing. The LIPO cells do not change their charge level.
 

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
19,069
Sorry
Well i tried as you suggested and still nothing. The LIPO cells do not change their charge level.
OK, then the test shows that the batteries are defective. The purpose of the test was to determine if the batteries could accept any charge, it appears that they can not accept any charge. Thus they are defective.
 
Top