What is best audio amplifier?

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
I want to know about what is best and new audio amplifier I will do a project 40w~100w audio amplifier what is important for audio amplifiers?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I mean low noise, more powerfull for big speakers.
That's not enough. A home theater might have 8 channels or more, and the amp will support balancing speaker volume across the audible range. It will have very good specs for low distortion and such. This is a very different scenario than, say, a public address system in a stadium.

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
That's not enough. A home theater might have 8 channels or more, and the amp will support balancing speaker volume across the audible range. It will have very good specs for low distortion and such. This is a very different scenario than, say, a public address system in a stadium.
Can you have any suggest LM386 alternative newest? I tried using LM386 good for volume level 10 20w 4ohm speaker but when I am take the volume level increase giving noise and quality is not better.

So I can't find any audio noise filter circuit I think I should use new technology IC for my little project.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
You will need to define 'best'.
For me 'best' would be cheapest.
Those with 'golden ears' would insist on oxygen free speaker cables and the like, distortion measured in ppm rather than %, etc.
Oh don't forget the "very important" oxygen free mains lead that connects to your wall socket!
I remember trying to tell my friend what rubbish it was, when he had "read somewhere so it must be true" that a company that advertised special 2mtr oxygen free mains leads for about £100, that "definitley improved the sonic response of the amplifier"
Well, he bought some, and convinced himself he could hear the difference, depite the fact that there was over 25 mtrs of ordinary power wiring from the socket back to the consumer unit, then of course, the miles of cable back to the sub-station, plus another 50 miles to the nearest power station, let alone all the transformers and switch gear in the power lines.
Some people eh!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Can you have any suggest LM386 alternative newest? I tried using LM386 good for volume level 10 20w 4ohm speaker but when I am take the volume level increase giving noise and quality is not better.

So I can't find any audio noise filter circuit I think I should use new technology IC for my little project.
Ah, so we're talking about ICs here, not complete amplifiers.

I've never used one, but others here have commented that the LM3886 is excellent. There are also quite a few mentions of TDA2030. Both of those manufacturers (and others) have a range of similar products for different power levels and so on.

You can find on EBay many amplifier modules based on these ICs, already built and ready to go. It would be hard to build your own for less money

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Do you want to build one from scratch, or is a pre-assembled module ok? There are many many audio power amplifier modules on ebay from 1 W to hundreds.

What is your skill set for building a 40 W - 100 W amplifier, and where are you located?

ak

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
Do you want to build one from scratch, or is a pre-assembled module ok? There are many many audio power amplifier modules on ebay from 1 W to hundreds.

What is your skill set for building a 40 W - 100 W amplifier, and where are you located?

ak
I am in beginner level I understanding and learning fast I build myself a LM386 basic circuit I want to build class d amplifier I finded a circuit there is using TPA3122 and I can't find my location.I living in Turkey.

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
Ah, so we're talking about ICs here, not complete amplifiers.

I've never used one, but others here have commented that the LM3886 is excellent. There are also quite a few mentions of TDA2030. Both of those manufacturers (and others) have a range of similar products for different power levels and so on.

You can find on EBay many amplifier modules based on these ICs, already built and ready to go. It would be hard to build your own for less money
I am interesting with cheapest and famous IC, I will look LM3886 and TDA2030 in my location, I trying and learning how it is working.Thank you for answer :)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Ramazan, you must read and understand the datasheets for the amplifier ICs. The datasheet for the LM386 shows an output power of only 0.56W into 8 ohms with high distortion with a 9V supply or 0.45W with low distortion. With a 12V supply the output power is only a little more but the heating is much more.

ebay amplifiers frequently use fake ICs and heatsinks too small.

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
Ramazan, you must read and understand the datasheets for the amplifier ICs. The datasheet for the LM386 shows an output power of only 0.56W into 8 ohms with high distortion with a 9V supply or 0.45W with low distortion. With a 12V supply the output power is only a little more but the heating is much more.

ebay amplifiers frequently use fake ICs and heatsinks too small.
I am reading datasheet but I can't understand, what is important for op-amp? How can I understand this? Where I should begin electronics? Please direct me :) and thank you for answers.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Ramazan, go online to the Farnell electronic parts distributor in your country, Turkey. It is at www.farnell.com and click on your flag since they have an office near you.
Since you know nothing about electronics you should go to a school and learn about it. Many people work at a job in the daytime then go to school at night.
For a start there are kits of parts available. The Texas Instruments TPA3122 is available as an American (?) Parts Express kit sold on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-Class-D-Stereo-TPA3122/dp/B005FMWY4S