What is an alternetive approach for this circuit?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by trustno1, Apr 6, 2017.

  1. trustno1

    Thread Starter New Member

    Sep 18, 2015
    Hello everyone!

    In this design, an 8-circuit DIP switch is connecting a bunch of IO's together.
    This switch is really bulky on the PCB so I wanna get rid of it. Instead I prefer to use an IC to complete the circuit just like the DIP does and be able to turn it on and off digitally. How can i achieve this? What am I looking for? Any help would be greatly apreciated!
  2. absf

    AAC Fanatic!

    Dec 29, 2010
    Two pieces of 4066 bilateral switches?
    But you still need something to act as your fingers.

    atferrari and trustno1 like this.
  3. Robin Mitchell

    Distinguished Member

    Oct 25, 2009
    That DIP switch is the smallest package you can use for controlling that circuit (unless you go surface mount).
    If you go surface mount then you will need to consider (as absf said) a 4066 bilateral switch or even a custom CPLD.
    absf likes this.