What is a voltage * an admittance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Im confused about this

Im working on a Pi transmission line model and I'm confused why the book is using admittance and defining its admittance as y/2

What do you get if you multiply a voltage and an admittance together? A current?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Im confused about this

Im working on a Pi transmission line model and I'm confused why the book is using admittance and defining its admittance as y/2

What do you get if you multiply a voltage and an admittance together? A current?
What is the definition of admittance (for a simpler starting point, look up the definition of conductance)?

It might be constructive to ponder the units of admittance, which is amperes per volt.

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
What is the definition of admittance (for a simpler starting point, look up the definition of conductance)?

It might be constructive to ponder the units of admittance, which is amperes per volt.
I have enough riddles on my hands for one night thanks

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Okay, then wait till tomorrow (or whenever) to think about it.
typical forum

Someone struggling and some moderator who knows the answers refuses to help

Please tell me whats the point of the forum exactly?

Other then to float your ego about knowing more then others? The point of a forum is for people to be able to ask questions. Something you have no grasp off.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I am trying to help you discover the concepts so that your knowledge grows from what you already (hopefully) know. That way you will understand the concepts instead of just memorizing a bunch of facts that you will promptly forget as soon as you don't use them for a little while. If that isn't of interest to you, then fine. You don't need to throw out a bunch of insults in order to get me to shift my focus to others that DO want to actually learn something.

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I am trying to help you discover the concepts so that your knowledge grows from what you already (hopefully) know. That way you will understand the concepts instead of just memorizing a bunch of facts that you will promptly forget as soon as you don't use them for a little while. If that isn't of interest to you, then fine. You don't need to throw out a bunch of insults in order to get me to shift my focus to others that DO want to actually learn something.
I don't need a teacher, got plenty of those.

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Watch the obscene language. Keep a civil tongue to face banishment.
So just imagine how much you might learn if you started actually paying attention to some of them.

Your a jackass

start paying attention to them? You know nothing about me you clown
[snip]

Im an A student! You know why? Because i take the time to ask questions that i don't know the answer to. Everyone else can't answer the question and won't bother to ask! Atleast I'm asking the [snipped] question you dip [snip]!

And even when i do ask i have to put up with [snip] like you!

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So you're an A student and have gotten to a point where you are dealing with transmission lines but yet you don't have a clue about what conductance or admittance is and you refuse to even attempt to look it up. Sounds like you are going to a school that will give anyone good grades as long as they keep taking classes and paying tuition, as evidenced not only by all of the EE knowledge that you've managed to acquire, but also the resounding written communication skills they have instilled in you.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Your a [snip]
I think you should read the TOS. No one owes you an answer. If they give you some you don't like, be aware that your response will be cached on the internet for longer than you'd like them to be so you might want to tailor your response accordingly.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Besides the actual object of such exchange of rapid fire, time spent in complaining to William, could have been used in searching, no surprise here, using Google.

Counting to ten allows to think thus inhalate thus think before talking again.

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
So you're an A student and have gotten to a point where you are dealing with transmission lines but yet you don't have a clue about what conductance or admittance is and you refuse to even attempt to look it up. Sounds like you are going to a school that will give anyone good grades as long as they keep taking classes and paying tuition, as evidenced not only by all of the EE knowledge that you've managed to acquire, but also the resounding written communication skills they have instilled in you.
Yep i am an A student! You know whats funny! I read a post that YOU wrote about how you forget things if you don't use them often!
I have not done anything related to capacitors for years! you know why?????? Because I'm studying control systems!
You have never forgotten something in your life? o wait i know, your perfect! This site is useless. Everyone i know who has ever used it says the same thing. ITs full of a bunch of wanna be jerk offs who only want to float there ego instead of trying to help someone. I needed a quick simple answer! KEYWORD QUICK! I'm in the middle of some other calculations dealing with 10 X harder crap then worrying about why we are using admittance. You want to tell me how to calculate the systems of dif eq,s needed for the Transmission line matrix? no i thought not!
So i was trying to get a simple quick answer from you clowns while i was working on something 10 X harder! Not because I'm incapable to go research it myself and refresh my own memory but because i was FERGIN BUSY trying to do something else and didn't have the time to research it!
But you bunch of know it alls typical nonsense of turning your nose up at everyone is no surprise!
You are right about one thing, i go to a school that just passes people along for paying tuition. Fortunately for the rest of the world, I'm not one of them. I simply forgot half the stuff i have learned in 5 years because unlike you clowns who most likely do the same thing day in and day out i have to deal with 10 different areas of EE in a single week! Im suppose to understand them all. Lets see how you fair with the transmission matrix, then will switch gears and see if you can do my advanced control systems homework and then we can switch gears and see if you can take my advanced microwave circuits class.
Go stick your nose up at someone else! You are ruining the point of this forum. If i asked some big complicated question then you can sit down and try and teach me something. When someone asks a question that is one sentence long i don't need this crap from some jerk off like you
A simple answer would of sufficed. Not like it matters, i went off and got the answer like 30 seconds after i made the original post because i realized per usual asking a question here is useless as always

Come to think of it! I just found another post form a while ago where you pulled the same crap with another member of this site! you should be removed from the site. You accomplish nothing. There are countless threads around here with you degrading people when they ask questions. I should of expected this from someone like you

Last edited:

durable126

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I think you should read the TOS. No one owes you an answer. If they give you some you don't like, be aware that your response will be cached on the internet for longer than you'd like them to be so you might want to tailor your response accordingly.
ooooh noooooo not cached on the internet?

right because i wasn't smart enough to build a fake email and fake user name before i signed up for this forum right.......
And I'm on a proxy going through 11 other countries
Im shaking in my boots!

Evanguy

Joined Dec 21, 2014
Lol trust me man, they dont mjnd helping newbs what so ever on this site. if you had just waited for more people to answer im sure one would have gave you a direct answer. althouh the first reply was answering your queation you just had to add a little effort to it. it wasnt spelled out but the info was there.

Take a look at my first post here ( lol embarrissing) i knew nothing at all and my circuit made no sence at all. i had loads of help and susgestions on how to fix it. it now works great. youre way to fast to fly off the handle man.

Status
Not open for further replies.