What ever happened to free speech?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The thing I wonder about it the source of the leaks. The gentleman in charge of WikiLeaks may or may not be culpable, but how about his sources?
They are the criminals. Think of it as stolen property. The people are stealing classified information, and using wikileaks as a "fence".

There is no purpose behind it other than to incite more hatred towards first world countries (the same ones that gave the world the internet).

Notice how the owner stated he had a lot of stuff on Russia, but was afraid to publish it. I think that right there explains the difference between the US and Russia.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I wonder how much, if any, of this leaked information is actually true?
I have not read any of the documents, nor have I been to Wikileaks web site, so I do not have a clue.:)

Is it conspiracy, planted and spread, by a spy?

Anyone read the book:" Protocols of Zion" or something....

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Anyone read the book:" Protocols of Zion" or something....
That is "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion". The screed is wholly imaginary and violently anti-Semitic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

Every set of crazies who need an external threat to blame things on keep that book alive. It is a complete fabrication about a secret Jewish cabal who are plotting to take over the world.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
That is "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion". The screed is wholly imaginary and violently anti-Semitic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

Every set of crazies who need an external threat to blame things on keep that book alive. It is a complete fabrication about a secret Jewish cabal who are plotting to take over the world.
That was the name. Some years back, I went to the library, and asked the clerk:

"Do you have the book 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion'?"

His face changed colors a few times, before he said:"That book is banned in Norway."

Clearly someone is censoring what we, the people, should read and know. I don't know if I should be angry or not, because they have this censor.

Has anyone seen the movie '1984'? Based on a book by Georg Orwell.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Has anyone seen the movie '1984'? Based on a book by Georg Orwell.
There are at last three versions I have seen.

The "Protocols" is best described as a forgery. It is utterly untrue. The only purpose was to justify the harsh treatment of jews. As it is nothing more than a racist screed, banning the book is sensible.

If you feel deprived of hate speech, simply find some neo-Nazi skinheads. I am sure they can put you onto a copy.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Or put a copy into you.. Sideways. ;)

Censorship RULES. Thats what keeps us safe.

Could you imagine if we had too much information?

By the way, this weeks lotto numbers are [CENSORED].

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The government answers to the people, but if a government chooses to lie and keep the facts about what it is doing (in the people's name) then it is not accountable. I don't have a problem with things being classified, but doing so just to cover your back it not acceptable.

I have mixed feelings about Wikileaks because of this. Since there is nothing I can do about it either way I'll just sit back and watch.

My company, Raytheon, has stated if an employee seeks out classified information they can loose their right to hold security clearance, or if they have it, loose it. This can lead to being terminated from your job there. I personally like having a job.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Did you say, Loose It, call me Mister Loose It. Is that security
code for(On-The-Ray ) EE-Ploy-'em (ara-lance) (min-ate-tar )
Roger,Roger over and out, Mr,Loosewire, code writer.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I wonder if loosewire is in a straight jacket, bending over a computer keyboard, typing with his nose.

Ever tried it? Ain't easy. ;)

Last edited: