What could have caused my problem?

exp.h

Joined Oct 6, 2018
hello, my English is something basic (sorry)

here my question :

I went to a client's house yesterday, he said he had a problem whit his current outlet, most specific, his phone charger it doesn't work only a luminary, but this consume the useful life to a lamp more faster .

I did the measurement between phase and the service ground and was 220 V
I repeat between phase and protect service and scored 220 V too.

I have to go in a few days to solve this problem, and I have ideas about the problem
I like too see your ideas, thanks for your time Mr. reader.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Describe the nature of his charger, switch mode power supply etc?
Where are you and what is the nature of the service, voltage etc.
What is meant by 'Service Ground' and 'Protect Service'?
Few more details needed.
Max.

exp.h

Joined Oct 6, 2018
It's an house electrical instalation, in the second floor, the outlet(here conect electronic equipments) it's not work very well , in my site the monofasic voltage its 220v and the frequency is 50 hz
Service ground = neutro
*Protect ground. = ground

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
I'm having trouble understanding the following excerpt. Could you try describing it another way?
most specific, his phone charger it doesn't work only a luminary, but this consume the useful life to a lamp more faster .
Are you saying that the phone charger doesn't work in that outlet, but some other device does work in that outlet?

If so, have you tried the phone charger in other outlets to make sure that the charger itself isn't the problem?

If, in fact, some devices work on that outlet and others don't, that would imply that something is limiting current. There might be a high-resistance connection somewhere - a loose wire nut, a corroded screw terminal, etc. That would show normal voltage readings when the circuit had no load, but the voltage would sag under load.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Post #5 certainly covers a lot of likely causes.Here is one more real possibility, which is that the outlet is wired incorrectly. Wit 3 wires and 3 terminals there are several possibilities and only one is correct. Then my next suggestion is checking the voltages at each pair of connection terminals, because it is entirely possible for a connection link to break, and yet things seem to measure correctly.

But now a serious question:If you are not able to analyze a condition like this, why are you representing to a client that you are qualified to be paid for doing repairs? It is very easy to do things wrong in electrical work and either cause fires or electrocutions. Thus it is vital to know and understand electrical circuits when doing repairs.