what could be wrong with this circuit?

Tellwisdom

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

Attached is a simple prototype of remote control system with one channel consisting of a transmitter and its receiver.

i have tried getting it to work without success.........what could be wrong?,i have been playing around it for two days now.

Kindly assist.

regards

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
To start with on the receiver the NE567 will see no input signal as the emitter of the transistor as it is shorted to ground. Where the wires cross below the transistor they should not be connected. Also when you clear that problem I don't think it will be very sensitive as using the transistor as an emitter follower does not provide any voltage gain.

Les.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello,

Attached is a simple prototype of remote control system with one channel consisting of a transmitter and its receiver.

i have tried getting it to work without success.........what could be wrong?,i have been playing around it for two days now.

Kindly assist.

regards
On the transmitter, pin 2 needs to connect to pin 6, not 5. On the receiver the emitter of the 2N2222 should not go straight to ground.
You have it set for a frequency of around 30 Hz? room lights are blinking at 60 Hz. You might get some interference from that. C4 is 0.47 uF?

Last edited:

Tellwisdom

Joined Jan 1, 2017
To start with on the receiver the NE567 will see no input signal as the emitter of the transistor as it is shorted to ground. Where the wires cross below the transistor they should not be connected. Also when you clear that problem I don't think it will be very sensitive as using the transistor as an emitter follower does not provide any voltage gain.

Les.
hello Jones,
could you please see the attached corrected circuit diagram and advise further?.i have also been trying to get an equivalent of NE567 as it is not easily found in stores in my vicinity.

thanks for the timely reply.

Attachments

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
From the values given in the circuit, the transmitter runs at 32kHz, while the receiver centre frequency is 19kHz.
Even if the values were correct; component tolerances could cause a discrepancy, I'd put a preset pot in the timing circuit and try sweeping for detection.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Dear Albert,

thanks for your reply,is there an equivalent IC for NE567 out there?,kindly assist
Not that I can think of - there are a few frequency to voltage converters that could be used with a window comparator.

There might be something in the Analogue Devices line up, but I haven't looked and unlikely anything pin compatible.

Tellwisdom

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Not that I can think of - there are a few frequency to voltage converters that could be used with a window comparator.

There might be something in the Analogue Devices line up, but I haven't looked and unlikely anything pin compatible.
The XR2211 could provide the same function but I think that is obsolete too.
thanks for the response,
i tried googling this and i got these equivalents;LM567 and SE567.
could these equivalents also do the same function?

Tellwisdom

Joined Jan 1, 2017
From the values given in the circuit, the transmitter runs at 32kHz, while the receiver centre frequency is 19kHz.
Dear Alberthall,
with your knowledge in Electronics.
kindly help me with a breakdown of how the circuit works,i have built the transmitter and i am yet to get the equivalent of NE567 IC on the receiver...
i really want to understand the working principle.
thanks once again.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Dear Alberthall,
with your knowledge in Electronics.
kindly help me with a breakdown of how the circuit works,i have built the transmitter and i am yet to get the equivalent of NE567 IC on the receiver...
thanks once again.
I cab send you a few 567's for free if you are interested? I have more than a few to spare.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
thanks for the response,
i tried googling this and i got these equivalents;LM567 and SE567.
could these equivalents also do the same function?
AFAIK: The 2 prefixes are interchangeable, but it can't hurt to track down the data sheet and make sure.

You are likely to find there is only 1 data sheet with both type numbers at the top of the cover page.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
i am yet to get the equivalent of NE567 IC on the receiver...
But I thought you had got this circuit working, as below.

i have got the LED blinking with this guide.

To understand the receiver, start with understanding the phase lock loop. It's a bit of a mind bender the first time you come across it.
http://www.radio-electronics.com/in...l-synthesizers/phase-locked-loop-tutorial.php