what component this is!!!

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
Belongs on a touch screen thermostat. Looks like its somewhere between the 4.5v battery supply and the rc/r supply. Maybe. Thats what im assuming any way. Pretty much still turns on and everything works except using rc/r to supply voltage to the stat. Only tried with 12v which it should run on 12-24 low volts and it wouldnt kick over but it would with 4.5v in the battery slots... i need to stat to use as a 12v switch so i need to figure out what this is. I want to say an ic surface mount but its not. It has 4 pins with a - and + at the top corners + being the right top. And below in the middle looks like 95... mmm thats where i get lost.... the U1 at tip of screw driver is the 4 pin slot. U will see the +. Adjacent to the right a cunthair. ANNNNYY help would be super appreciated. I wont give you this cheeseburger man but i sure will give mad props and extra kudos point for being amazing! 20200410_070533.jpgIve spent more time today in front of the laptop screen Mod: Offensive comment removed.! 15865197034093078087436476443135.jpg .

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
That sounds likely. Check the supply from the air conditioning or heating system to see if it is 12v/24v AC (not DC). If it is AC then that makes it even more likely that the part is a rectifier. Also use your ohm meter to check the 12/24v input pins and see if they are connected to the 2 pins on your damaged part.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
I think it is (was) a bridge rectifier similar to the picture below.
View attachment 204010
Ahhh yes im a Journeyman welder rectifier should have crossed my mind see the stats only run off 24v transformer from 110 ac to ac. The relays, lcd, have to convert to dc threw rectifier and what compastitor think and resister i think to steady out the wave . . Ya mist of learning circuitry. Journeyman welder, plumber, and hvac and now play with circuits.. yes. !!! I DOOOO APPRECIATE THE HELP. THE REASON BEING IM ACTUALLY USING THE TOUCH SCREAN STAT TO RUN MY PLAY/WORK LAPTOPS 3 FANS. THE 5V .6AM FAN TOOK A DIVE AND SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE DELL 4 PIN CONNECTION AND 18V POWER SUPPLY THERE IS ALSO AN ISSUE. I HAVE even installed dells client tool config kit have strait on fan controller and other goodies. And even in system check will not register any fan. I tried wiring 3 pin leaving the lag and run full. 4 pin, rego yada yada nada. So the hell with it. I was going to make a quick auto heat sensor circuit but i dont have a D882 transistor. I have 103 thermistor 100 ohm and 10k ohm resisters and a t431 transiter. Just missing the one. This the only way i know how to do it. Then i got bright idea on the job the other dan using an AC stat as a Dc Switch. Home stats made to run on low voltage 24vac across the bridge. 12vdc will still power the stat because they also run dc battieries. Rc/r power supplied from 12vdc from any standard home 110 to 12vdc 1Av wall plug. I just tied in the converter with the power supply forvthe laptop before dc conversion , its 110. And ran the 12vdc after product up to 3 12v smaller fans i mounted. Runs great. Super tiny set up. Size of cell phone charger. No big deal. Fans run great but when i addeed a controller m was not so great. Then i found blown up part lol
Simple thermistor sensor would be great! But i dont know how make them to kick on at specific temp. I get the whole neg pos resistance coefficient just not the transistor with resistors, voltage devider ... thata when i get lost... annnyyyyy wayyyyy BIG THANKS YOU MY FRIEND VERY APPRECIATIVE .

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
That sounds likely. Check the supply from the air conditioning or heating system to see if it is 12v/24v AC (not DC). If it is AC then that makes it even more likely that the part is a rectifier. Also use your ohm meter to check the 12/24v input pins and see if they are connected to the 2 pins on your damaged part.
Yes!! You are absolutley right. You guys awsome. Problem is if you really are right. I prolly dont even have that size. I was looking through some parts earlier i have to match it up what i could still see. Nada. Which led me here to my fav site of vast knowlage . Guys are awsome.! Maybe i got one in old toy or something