What are these components

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Abdel_Rahman, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Abdel_Rahman

Thread Starter Member

Jul 19, 2016
    That first component, I have not found it on "google" or in "all data sheet",:(:(

I want to know names of these two components and if there is any alternative to that first component.

a.jpg

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    2 parts on Bottom is a 33 ohm 5% wirewound resistor

Top could be a voltage regulator or many other things as that number doesn't seem to be industry standardized..

gdm_klog likes this.
  3. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    The lower 2 look to be wire wound power resistors 33 Ohm 5% and maybe 15 to 20 watts. The upper component could be anything with a propitiatory part number, a transistor, MOSFET I have no idea. You don't mention what the board is used for and if you look at how the component is used in circuit it may help. Also looks like a cooked resistor below TR 10. I see McGyver already got things. :)

Ron

4. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    SM61 part, I am not sure. Could be a MOSFET, a transistor, a triac or a regulator. I cannot get a hit for the datasheet.
    The grey things are 33R wire wound resistors

5. Abdel_Rahman

Thread Starter Member

Jul 19, 2016
    it is a PCB for an electric forklift, its brand is "clark", that component seems to energize a contactor, I am not sure

6. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    "Could" be a transistor or mosfet then as stated above.. as they would typically be used for a higher current driver of sorts..

7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Good catch.

8. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    3 up from unpopulated R4 looks charred/a bit toasty too..

9. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    We can get an idea as to whether the MI61 is a bipolar transistor if you take some measurements with a digital voltmeter on the diode test setting.

With the positive probe (that should be the red one) on the leftmost leg (referencing the orientation in the photograph), measure to the middle and to the rightmost legs.

Put the black probe on the leftmost leg and take the two measurements again.

Then measure from the middle leg to the right-most leg in both directions.

Tell us the voltages (they will display as resistance readings) that you get for each measurement and we might be able to figure it out.