Welcome back Bill Marsden

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Not quite. Still practising stoned computing for ver short durations. Still, I'm up for longer durations every day. Swelling has been the big problem.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Surgery never seems to have a good moment. You think you're going to get some good drugs, but even if you do, you're still so miserable you want to swat somebody's head off. Soon, the drugs wear off and everything is exquisitely sensitive in addition to having a drug hangover. That's when I hole up and refuse to speak to anybody until the suck wears off.

Hang in there, Bill. We'll take care of things until you get back to feeling human.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Good to see you're back in the saddle once more, Bill. Knowng that you now have a new lease on life will certainly make the healing process more bearable.

This bud's for you.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, things are not going so good. You are not in danger of breaking in a new moderator, but me and the drugs are going to be together a bit longer than I anticipated, or wanted. I joke, but I am not into drugs, even a little. Problem is, I have to take hydrocodon just to stand up, the pain is pretty intense. I am used to being an active person, this staying on my back is getting old. Then there are the projects I want to do dangit!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm very sorry to hear that Bill. Hopefully things settle down soon and the healing goes more smoothly. I've been very fortunate and have never needed any hard drugs, or major surgery. I had a bit of a heart scare last year, but it was nothing serious. I just had to lay off the caffeine.

Once again, hope you feel better soon. Good luck!
Best wishes,
Matt

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Bill, sorry to hear that things are taking longer than you feel comfortable with. But this too will pass. Both my wife and I went through neurological issues that lasted several months, but came out fine. I am sure you will recover well, too.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Agree. I was in hospital taking Demerol every 4 hours for 3 months. When I had recovered enough to survive on my own, they turned me out with nothing for drugs. I never knew what withdrawal felt like because it didn't happen.