Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
Hi! I Have a transformer that has a 0V 185V 220V 255V Marking on the primary side and 7.1V 0 7.1V and a low power 19V
unfortunately i dont have a tester to check the transformer's 220v input and i dont wanna just plug it to mains because im pretty sure its gonna cause chaos, pls help! The Transformer's markings:

C.B8.0190600
2014 06 25
EA03-105N/EA305N

Pictures: I dont have a camera so i found the exact transformer online
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SATYCON-Transformer-UPS-Model-CB80190900/dp/B075KJ7538

Also i tried to search for its datasheet and i found nothing :(

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi IG,
Welcome to AAC.
It looks a regular type mains transformer.
Can you measure the gauge of the wire on the secondary windings also the central cross section of the transformer core in inches.
We can then guestimate the ratings.
E

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
If you have a multimeter, measure the resistance between the 0V terminal and the 220V terminal and report back.

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
hi IG,
Welcome to AAC.
It looks a regular type mains transformer.
Can you measure the gauge of the wire on the secondary windings also the central cross section of the transformer core in inches.
We can then guestimate the ratings.
E
0.3 Inch on the thick secondary winding
and 0.1 Inch in the low power winding

Top Side 3 Inches
Side 4 Inches

Edit: I Got This from a UPS which has no model number

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I would say the centre tapped 7.1v.0v.7.1v is for driving a rectifier circuit suitable for charging a 12V SLA battery.
The 19v is for the charger regulator and control circuit.

The 0.3inch measurement sound incorrect.??

As you have no test equipment what are you planning to do with this transformer.?
E

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
hi,
I would say the centre tapped 7.1v.0v.7.1v is for driving a rectifier circuit suitable for charging a 12V SLA battery.

As you have no test equipment what are you planning to do with this transformer.?
E
I Ordered a multimeter today and it will be arriving tomorrow so ill basically make a 12v battery charger
Ofcourse ill implement auto cutoff and other protections

Edit:I don't know why but i measured or converted the secondary gauge wire thickness wrong The actual thickness is 0.125 for the beefy wires
the 19 volt wires is 0.050

Last edited:

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
I
hi,

E
Is Using a multimeter mandatory to know / identify the input voltage wires?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hi! I Have a transformer that has a 0V 185V 220V 255V Marking on the primary side and 7.1V 0 7.1V and a low power 19V
unfortunately i dont have a tester to check the transformer's 220v input and i dont wanna just plug it to mains because im pretty sure its gonna cause chaos, pls help! The Transformer's markings:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SATYCON-Transformer-UPS-Model-CB80190900/dp/B075KJ7538
A meter is not gong to do much to detect anything without putting it under power.
You have all the data on the transformer, why not connect to 240v and see what happens?
The worst that can happen, if faulty, is it will either trip the breaker or get hot very quickly.
It sound as though you are new to electro/electronics?
Max.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Why does the link to the transformer ad say "UPS 650" ?? Could it be a replacement UPS transformer. The 7.1-0-7.1 could be a 14.2V switched primary (battery), to produce the mains voltages.
Mind you, these can usually run "backwards" as well, to produce low voltages.
Just thought I'd bring up this point, everyone is assuming it is a 220V mains primary, maybe so, maybe not...

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
Why does the link to the transformer ad say "UPS 650" ?? Could it be a replacement UPS transformer. The 7.1-0-7.1 could be a 14.2V switched primary (battery), to produce the mains voltages.
Just thought I'd bring up this point, everyone is assuming it is a 220V mains primary, maybe so, maybe not...
Yes it is, i got it from a ups with a model number of Bosline EA 650VA which i can't find the datasheet of

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
it is 220V and Backwards Compatible, In the UPS there is an Inverter Circuit problem is its broken that is why i didn't just use the ups's Charger Directly

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
A meter is not gong to do much to detect anything without putting it under power.
You have all the data on the transformer, why not connect to 240v and see what happens?
The worst that can happen, if faulty, is it will either trip the breaker or get hot very quickly.
It sound as though you are new to electro/electronics?
Max.
Yea umm tried that with another UPS transformer and it didnt trip the breaker and kinda just smoked

Isaiah Gerald

Joined Aug 19, 2020
Guys i found the exact same transformer here maybe this can help?
edit: its not english so can anyone learn from this or translate it?

Last edited: