Water damaged TP3116D2

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
Hi friends,

I have damaged my tp3116d2 board as the water get inside it.it is still working but problems i am having now :

-its making hearable humming sound
-the power LED isnt working when its ON , i test the led diode is fine
-some part of the circuit board, peels of its coating (ref. Image).but i gave coated it with paint

Being a starter , i dont know how to fix it myself. Please help me with what component might have got faulty.

Thanks in advance for you time in reading and replying.

Attachments

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
The filtering capacitor in the bottom left is dented. That dent may be shorting out the coil of metallized foil inside of the can.

D8E7B421-47CD-4086-8DC9-F1B04432B58E.jpeg
It is one of three (or one of six) filtering capacitors. Most simple test would be to clip off the damaged one. Make sure there is no remaining foil or part of the can in the board. Do not pull it off, clip it off or desolder it so you don't damage the copper foil below it.

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
Hi,
What is a tp3116d2 board ?
Sorry , its TP3116d2 , class D stereo amplifier board

The filtering capacitor in the bottom left is dented. That dent may be shorting out the coil of metallized foil inside of the can.

View attachment 248893
It is one of three (or one of six) filtering capacitors. Most simple test would be to clip off the damaged one. Make sure there is no remaining foil or part of the can in the board. Do not pull it off, clip it off or desolder it so you don't damage the copper foil below it.
Thank you so much , i tried it and the humming is gone ! ❤