Vsync Hsync manipulation from LCD screen to AV/VGA

stoti

Joined Jan 8, 2023
Hello guys . First sorry for my bad english .
Im wondering if there's anybody who is fammiliar with vsync and hsync on vga /av signals. I want to convert parralel RGB to vga/av but the problem is that the signal is designed for non-common used LCD screen. It is Sharp LQ070T5DR2 used in mmi 2g system on Audi https://datasheetspdf.com/mobile/921629/Sharp/LQ070T5DR02/1
I have deserialized signal and tried to use ADV 7123 DAC to convert it to VGA but the problem is that lcd uses falling edge HSYNC /VSYNC that i inverted but my monitor shows unsupported resolution . Its 480x240 . Im wondering if there's some IC that can rescale it to bigger resolution or some way to put this signal to AV input. I dont care about the quality, i just want to see my car's system for A/C seat heating and etc . And switch between mmi system and external Box with android auto and touch screen . Thank you .

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

Let us see if we understand what you are trying to do.
You have an Audi with Sharp LQ070T5DR2 LCD screen. You want to tap off the video and display it on a VGA monitor?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The simple solution is to place a camera in front of the LCD.

I used to work in a nuclear reactor and they needed to readout the display of an analog radiation counter at a remote location.
Because of strict regulatory requirements, the simple solution was to put a CCTV camera in front of the measuring device. Not elegant but it solved the problem.

stoti

Joined Jan 8, 2023
That is nice solution but i need do swith between two devices . i want to put 8 inch lcd with 800x480 or 1200x600 resolution and use HDMI input for tvbox and av or vga input to show image from MMI system