Voltage Transducer or Signal Conditioner?

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
Hi,
I am in need of a voltage transducer or Signal Conditioner that does the following:

1) Should have a "variable" 0-120VAC OUTPUT based on input (Directly to primary of transformer)
2) INPUT should be 0-10VDC or 4-20mA (To PLC INPUT)

I cannot find a vendor and/or part number for this.

Last edited:

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Hi,
I am in need of a voltage transducer or Signal Conditioner that does the following:

1) Should have a "variable" 0-120VAC OUTPUT (Directly to primary of transformer)
2) INPUT should be 0-10VDC or 4-20mA (To PLC INPUT)

I cannot find a vendor and/or part number for this.
Sounds like a theatre lighting dimmer to me. The older ones are 0-10V control.

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
Should be linear based on 0-10VDC input.

For example:
0VDC Input = 0VAC output
5VDC Input = 60VAC output
10VDC Input = 120VAC output

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Most of my involvement with stuff like this involved and auto transformers (480 VAC three phase delta that we were adjusting. What you use really depends on your load. Using a Triac lamp dimmer design works but depending on load the AC out will not be a nice clean sine wave.

Big units used SLO-SYN motors to rotate the shafts.

There are also other supplies out there which are programmable where and external voltage or current program the output.

Ron

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
sing a Triac lamp dimmer design works but depending on load the AC out will not be a nice clean sine wave.

Using a Triac lamp dimmer design works but depending on load the AC out will not be a nice clean sine wave.

There are also other supplies out there w
Most of my involvement with stuff like this involved and auto transformers (480 VAC three phase delta that we were adjusting. What you use really depends on your load. Using a Triac lamp dimmer design works but depending on load the AC out will not be a nice clean sine wave.

There are also other supplies out there which are programmable where and external voltage or current program the output.

Ron
" There are also other supplies out there which are programmable where and external voltage or current program the output." Do you know of a vendor or part number?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
" There are also other supplies out there which are programmable where and external voltage or current program the output." Do you know of a vendor or part number?
Yes, they are what I always referred to a a programmable supply. Normally 0 to 5 volts, 0 to 10 volts or even 4 to 20 mA or 0 to 20 mA, Some newer designs also include USB using a PC with software. Been years but names like Kepco and Lambda come to mind but it's been years. A Google of "Programmable Power Supplies" may get you some hits.

Ron