Acoustic wave transducer;RF amplifier center frequency 5-20 MHz; Output voltage 20 Vpp -80Vpp.

vimalgs

Joined Sep 17, 2014
Hi All,
I have fabricated a set of Interdigitated Transducers(IDTs). Picture attached. I need an input sinusoidal signal with frequencies 5 MHz, 10 MHz , 20 MHz. It needs to vary from 20 Vpp to 80 Vpp.
Some of the issues I need help or advice with:
1. I have a Signal generator which can only produce 10 Vpp at the above mentioned frequencies. I have some Power amplifiers in the lab and those have horrible 3db bandwidths which do not include the required frequency . I need an RF amplifier(circuit or Chip that I can buy ). Can you suggest anything?

Mechanical Engineer by training. Only studied circuits theoretically. Any help is highly appreciated. I'd love to clarify any questions.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What's the load impedance?

Not that I can work at 20 MHz. Just asking you to clarify your needs.

Gain of at least 8 at 20 MHz, 80V P-P output into...?

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
A surface acoustic wave, at the frequencies noted, can only propagate across a dialectic substrate. They can not propagate through air acoustically. Electro magnetic waves (as in radio waves) do propagate in air. So perhaps your diagram is incomplete. This suggests that the impedance is very high. Try a 4 to 1 or a 8 to 1 HF balun with your current sig gen. Google " HF balun" for information.