Voltage Multiplier in Disposable Camera

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
That's incorrect. Look at my edits for post #37.
I know, I was told that from another source , and that that depends on the type of coil. and thinking about it it should create that pulse. since high voltage should create a movement of electrons in a coil . now i'm confused again

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
Interesting thread, but I still DON"TKNOW what you are trying to do.

Is it a secret?

Are you trying to create a phase impulse generating whatchamacallit?

Is it a 'Beam Me Up Scotty" appliance?

Is is a weapon from a Star Trec episode?

What is it?

Sorry to make it sound silly, but can you tell us exactly what your trying to do?

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
Interesting thread, but I still DON"TKNOW what you are trying to do.

Is it a secret?

Are you trying to create a phase impulse generating whatchamacallit?

Is it a 'Beam Me Up Scotty" appliance?

Is is a weapon from a Star Trec episode?

What is it?

Sorry to make it sound silly, but can you tell us exactly what your trying to do?
haha, of course , you just have to find the right question for it. just kidding . i have to make an electromagnet that is using one capacitor discharge from 300 V, to create the magnetic field strong enough to kick another per. magnet away. instead of using the same amount of current on lower voltage.

higher voltage should create a movement in the coil of an electromagnet that should create that stronger pulse in a moment.

instead of discharging a battery directly on the el.magnet and getting low attract/repuls force with longer duration of that force , i wanna make the magnet working that way that it uses high voltage to create the movement in a coil so that movement gives me a short duration pulse of a stronger magnetic field.

Last edited by a moderator:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
There's also the detail about the inductance of the coil.

Keep in mind that a capacitor charged to 300V can bite very seriously. Depending on the capacitance and how you get tangled with it, it can potentially bite fatally.
These capacitors are ridiculous. It may not kill you but it makes you fly 3 metres through the room and hurt yourself.

I wouldnt even want to touch 1uF at that voltage.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I need one liter of water pressured enough so it can disturb a pool of water and splash me. instead of poring that liter slowly in the pool and get the drops out. i think physic laws are right there with it.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hi, sorry for bothering , just one question if you can help me understand it little bit more. I have one circuit board from a disposable camera , that increases the voltage needed for the flash . now , I lknow it can increase 1.5 V up to 250 V. And I wonder if it can do the same if I put in , 0,50 or 0,30 V instead 1.5 . thank you
In a nutshell, no.

Also the current required at the lower voltage will be much higher.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
I have other capacitors that i can use but without any circuit board on it.

or that isn't possible ? I don't see why is that not possible. instead of using allot of current to create the magnetic field strong enough , i wanna use less current on higher voltage to give me strong magnetic pulse .

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
instead of using allot of current to create the magnetic field strong enough , i wanna use less current on higher voltage to give me strong magnetic pulse .
You've been told over and over that voltage won't make a magnetic field. You can't use more voltage and less current. Current is what matters.

Nobody knows what you're trying to do and you're not providing any details. At this point, I think you've gotten all the quality help you can possible get without more details. It will be futile for anyone to go on this this circular discussion. So, I'm out until you are able to tell us exactly what you want to do. IE you need to define what is fast, what is slow, what is high what is low, how much acceleration are you trying to achieve, how much force is in a 'kick', etc.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
You've been told over and over that voltage won't make a magnetic field. You can't use more voltage and less current. Current is what matters.

Nobody knows what you're trying to do and you're not providing any details. At this point, I think you've gotten all the quality help you can possible get without more details. It will be futile for anyone to go on this this circular discussion. So, I'm out until you are able to tell us exactly what you want to do. IE you need to define what is fast, what is slow, what is high what is low, how much acceleration are you trying to achieve, how much force is in a 'kick', etc.
I'm very thankful for your help , and you were all very helpful , I understand i'm hard to understand at this point. what i'm trying I will try to explain but first i have to get this right . now I know current matters in creating a magnetic field, but can High Voltage kick trough a coil create that current in the wire ? in the coil itself ? , instead of using already generated amount of current to create the magnetic field.

Helmholz Coil looks interesting, and very helpful . I will research that a bit more and will get back to this. i'm trying to use high voltage that will create short current flow in a coil. i know the higher the voltage it should create the stronger movement of those electrons in the coil itself . now the stronger the movement must give me stronger magnetic pulse. because more current will flow trough the wire itself if disturbed with higher voltage. does this makes sense ?

I'm reading about Helmholtz coil now and i see it can cancel the external magnetic field. does that mean it can cancel the magnetic field on a permanent magnet?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello don'tknow,

I have merged your posts several times.
There is no need to make so many one line posts.
You can always edit posts to add more info when needed.

Bertus

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi, sorry for bothering , just one question if you can help me understand it little bit more. I have one circuit board from a disposable camera , that increases the voltage needed for the flash . now , I lknow it can increase 1.5 V up to 250 V. And I wonder if it can do the same if I put in , 0,50 or 0,30 V instead 1.5 . thank you
You have to beat Vbe by enough margin to make some base current flow - so about 0.9V maybe the lower limit.

You can of course switch to using a germanium transistor - if you can get hold of one.

Most of these circuits return the earthy end of the high voltage secondary to the base, that's why the diode is the other way round and produces negative HT - so the current pulses added to the base are correctly phased.

If you run it from a battery, most types recover a bit while the device is switched off - if the cell has recovered enough to bias Vbe, the base boosting effect might well keep it going as the cell droops under load.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What it takes to accelerate a magnet is energy. The energy can come from a capacitor.

You can calculate the energy needed to accelerate the magnet from: E = 1/2 mv^2

You can calculate the energy in the capacitor from: E = 1/2 CV^2

Note that in a perfectly designed system, you will still not get all of the energy from the capacitor into the magnet, and in one designed by someone with your knowledge, it will more likely be < 10% of the energy.

Bob

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
What it takes to accelerate a magnet is energy. The energy can come from a capacitor.

You can calculate the energy needed to accelerate the magnet from: E = 1/2 mv^2

You can calculate the energy in the capacitor from: E = 1/2 CV^2

Note that in a perfectly designed system, you will still not get all of the energy from the capacitor into the magnet, and in one designed by someone with your knowledge, it will more likely be < 10% of the energy.

Bob
haha , agree. Thank you.

thank you all, i have some better insights in some of the things now. but i still wonder. . never mind . thank you all once again . see you around if I come back. was very helpful.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
thank you all, i have some better insights in some of the things now. but i still wonder. . never mind . thank you all once again . see you around if I come back. was very helpful.
We'll probably read in the news that you've left a charged up 560uF electrolytic on a bar...............................

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
It's just that .. high voltage low current can kick me across the room and make my body dance for ours , but when i need it to move a magnet away it can't.

maybe i got something wrong again. wait, does increasing the voltage has any effect in creating of magnetic field ? if you have a given amount of current and for example coming out to the coil with 10 V . < now if using the same amount of current but coming out trough the coil under 250 volts. what changed except faster discharge of that given current and shorter duration of the magnetic field in the coil?

i must say we missing something here, never mind that i'm an amateur.

I know how to get this to work. all i need is a chicken on a string that will give me the movement needed . when i put high voltage trough . instead of spending allot of current ,that movement will happen with almost nothing thanks to the high voltage kick . if only there was a way to get some movement from high voltage kick but without the chicken.

What exactly are you attempting to accomplish?!? --- Speaking for myself, I find your insistence upon obfuscation both suspicious and highly discourteous considering the incredible patience shown you by respondents to this thread! --- As I see it you are either 'trolling' or attempting to get around AAC's subject-matter policies. If I'm wrong you may easily prove as much! (And that does NOT mean re-stating/rephrasing your nebulous inquiry for the 10^∞'th time!!!:rolleyes:) --- Please understand, it is paucity of information, as opposed to any 'language barrier', that is at issue...

Hopefully
HP

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
theoretically i can make a material behaving like a nerve that will react like a muscle in contact with high voltage current ?

What exactly are you attempting to accomplish?!? --- Speaking for myself, I find your insistence upon obfuscation both suspicious and highly discourteous considering the incredible patience shown you by respondents to this thread! --- As I see it you are either 'trolling' or attempting to get around AAC's subject-matter policies. If I'm wrong you may easily prove as much! (And that does NOT mean re-stating/rephrasing your nebulous inquiry for the 10^∞'th time!!!:rolleyes:) --- Please understand, it is paucity of information, as opposed to any 'language barrier', that is at issue...

Hopefully
HP
What are you talking about ? what is AAC subject? i don't actually care and don;t bother me with that
best regards.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
ok, member. at least you got an idea.

I'm sorry if you feel left out, and you finding MY behavior discourteous . if you can contact the moderator tell him to delete this thread , i don't wan't it to create any trouble in your life. you still asking what am i trying to make while i repeated it ... how many times ?

question is and was, does changing the voltage to highest effects the strength of an el. magnet in any way ? does it effect anything ? i don't know why you reading all from the beginning , i had a different question after that. and it's this one.