Voltage Mode Buck Converter Output Voltage

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Have you looked at a typical buck-converter circuit and understand how they work?
They have a free-wheel diode (usually a Schottky type) from the output of the MOSFET (cathode) to ground.
This carries the inductor current when the MOSFET is off.

T.B.

Joined Jun 19, 2020
Have you looked at a typical buck-converter circuit and understand how they work?
They have a free-wheel diode (usually a Schottky type) from the output of the MOSFET (cathode) to ground.
Sorry, I should have removed it accidentaly. I add new analysis results with diode as reply on post.

T.B.

Joined Jun 19, 2020
If you attach your spice file we could fix it.
P-MOSFET is installed wrong.
Gate drive is wrong.
Missing diode.
Sorry, I should have removed it accidentaly. I add new analysis results with diode as reply on post.
Sorry for my wrong.
I should have removed diode accidentally.
I attached analysis with diode and file.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
M1 source and drain are still backward.

And for a 50V input, the MOSFET gate drive also has to go to 50V, which that comparator can't provide.

T.B.

Joined Jun 19, 2020
M1 source and drain are still backward.

And for a 50V input, the MOSFET gate drive also has to go to 50V, which that comparator can't provide.
So should I increase the comparators supply , or is there any solutions for it ?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
V1. Started at 50V. I changed it to start at 0 and take 100nS to reach 50V. Things were blowing up at startup.
S1. The mosfet was backwards. The gate drive was very wrong. So I just put in a switch that can be driven from 0/5V.
Added diode.
OP-amp was fast while the comparator was slow.
C2 to slow down the amp.
Removed the -5V supply.
1592608190886.png
Give this a try. Good Luck ronS

Attachments

T.B.

Joined Jun 19, 2020
V1. Started at 50V. I changed it to start at 0 and take 100nS to reach 50V. Things were blowing up at startup.
S1. The mosfet was backwards. The gate drive was very wrong. So I just put in a switch that can be driven from 0/5V.
Added diode.
OP-amp was fast while the comparator was slow.
C2 to slow down the amp.
Removed the -5V supply.
View attachment 210221
Give this a try. Good Luck ronS
Thanks for your help ,I will try this .