voltage drop

phari4styx@sbcglobal.net

Joined Oct 21, 2005
one leg of the main inlet power measures 120v while the other measures 23v this is causing on side of the panel to be to low to power any thing on those circuits the main dissconect has to breakers a 40 and a 30 right below the meter and in the house a50 powering the buss bars i would appreciate any feed back on why this is happening and how to fix this problem

phari4styx@sbcglobal.net

Joined Oct 21, 2005
one leg of the main power in to the house measures only 23v not 120 like it should this is causing one side of the buss bar in the panel to have no power can you please let me know why this is happening and how i could fix the problem

sheldonstv

Joined Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by phari4styx@sbcglobal.net@Oct 21 2005, 06:35 AM
one leg of the main power in to the house measures only 23v not 120 like it should this is causing one side of the buss bar in the panel to have no power can you please let me know why this is happening and how i could fix the problem
[post=11162]Quoted post[/post]​
very strange-have you checked the obviouse?oc cb or fuse?are you sure you have checked your supply into the house where it enters at your meter or dis. panel?
You are limited to what you will be able to do(regarding safety and electrical standards here in the uk) if you have a fault at your sub which is supplying you-generally our supply here is 3 phase from the sub and is split phase wise to supply each house with a single phase 240 v supply-maybe you have a neutral fault....you may need to get your electricity supplier in to rectify the fault if it isnt an actual wiring fault at your premises

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Are you measuring at the point where the mains enter the fuse panel?

Are you having any kind of trouble with appliances etc, or is this something you just "noticed" and are curious about?

phari4styx@sbcglobal.net

Joined Oct 21, 2005
Originally posted by n9xv@Oct 21 2005, 12:24 PM
Are you measuring at the point where the mains enter the fuse panel?

Are you having any kind of trouble with appliances etc, or is this something you just "noticed" and are curious about?
[post=11169]Quoted post[/post]​
the way i found out about this was all the kithen circuits stoped working so narowed it down to the one side of my inlet 240v that was low and not powering the buss bar for those circuts

Gorgon

Joined Aug 14, 2005
Originally posted by phari4styx@sbcglobal.net@Oct 21 2005, 08:48 PM
the way i found out about this was all the kithen circuits stoped working so narowed it down to the one side of my inlet 240v that was low and not powering the buss bar for those circuts
[post=11171]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi,
This could be anything from a broken transformer, overvoltage protection, fuse, feed cable and some sort of short circuit. Contact your power company and let them check their side of the power feed. If this is the same on both sides of your inlet fuse, I would asume that it is external from your fusebox.

TOK ;)