Vintage cell phone

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Yeah, sure
Discussion on forum are from DIY enthusiasts.

I'm looking for enthusiastic to talk or "to stealing" some of those phones techniques.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I moved it from General Science to off topic. I debated with self to put it in the Electronics Chat, but decided Off-Topic was better.

I'm pretty sure the post Smartphone Replacement. by BR-549 prompted this post, except his post was about new tech coming down the tubes. Old tech can always teach us something though, I believe people who learned 8 bit CPU tech have a deeper understanding of the new stuff for it.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Starting out with Luigi Galvani who 300 years ago discovered electrical current :)

The discovery was made starting from the ...................frog leg movement. :)

The downside at new phones, is that datasheets of IC's are not public.

You who contradict me :), do you know what is I/Q modulation ?
That I try to explain in practice.........

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I moved it from General Science to off topic. I debated with self to put it in the Electronics Chat, but decided Off-Topic was better.

I'm pretty sure the post Smartphone Replacement. by BR-549 prompted this post, except his post was about new tech coming down the tubes. Old tech can always teach us something though, I believe people who learned 8 bit CPU tech have a deeper understanding of the new stuff for it.

From the content of each post, I would lay odds that they are one in the same people.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
No wonder you're not a drinker. You can get to Nirvana all by your self.
It's true. I used a, "Centering" tape every day for about a year and learned how to lower my heart rate from 75 BPM to 55 BPM in about 40 seconds, just by remembering the background music. I have to be careful not to do that. Right now, my typing has slowed down by 75% just because I thought about it. Must be some form of self hypnosis or a conditioned response. Very useful when S*&% hits the fan and panic is trying to take over! Not so good when I'm trying to get up to speed for my daytime activities.:(