Video stream project with microcontroller

daryooosh

Joined Jun 15, 2019
hello every body
I want to connect a camera to Microcontroller and transfer video over Ethernet cable to a android Tablet. I search a lot about camera type, camera interface protocol and MCU with camera interface but now i am confused. I can not find any article or application note to describe about it
totally and exactly.
Please help me to find a start point to research and work.

daryooosh

Joined Jun 15, 2019
Tanks you for your answer
These projects use a high level camera and develope board, but I want to use a raw camera module like a analog camera and a MCU. I don't know how to connect it to MCU for example each camera module have it's own interface and output format and there is not a document to describe about that

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Tanks you for your answer
These projects use a high level camera and develope board, but I want to use a raw camera module like a analog camera and a MCU. I don't know how to connect it to MCU for example each camera module have it's own interface and output format and there is not a document to describe about that
You have to look at chip inside camera module to get at the real part number,
then locate on web the data sheet. That way you will know how to collect the
data from it, either thru a usb interface or a proprietary interface of the chip.

Most MCU do this interface in HW so you have to pick an MCU capable of handling
the bit rates involved. Not an easy project to tackle.

Freescale have in their coldfire family parts that can manage/interface to video.
If interface USB then several vendors out there, MicroChip, STM, Cypress.....

Google "freescale camera interface" for starters.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited: