VGA and RCA - Security Camera View on a Computer Monitor

beee_24

Joined Aug 12, 2018
Ok what I’m tryin to do is I have a security camera an I’m viewing it threw my tv ok I have a computer monitor an want to use it for my security camera viewing an use my tv for watching tv an all I have is a yellow rca plug for video that’s it ok on the pc monitor I have 2 hook ups one is vga an dvi-d an I have the vga cable an I want to hook one end of vga n to pc monitor an on the other end of vga I want to cut end off an find just my 2 wires for video which to wires is it out of all the 15 wires thanks !!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Ok what I’m tryin to do is I have a security camera an I’m viewing it threw my tv ok I have a computer monitor an want to use it for my security camera viewing an use my tv for watching tv an all I have is a yellow rca plug for video that’s it ok on the pc monitor I have 2 hook ups one is vga an dvi-d an I have the vga cable an I want to hook one end of vga n to pc monitor an on the other end of vga I want to cut end off an find just my 2 wires for video which to wires is it out of all the 15 wires thanks !!
Nope, you need a composite video to VGA scan converter. I've used this model several times in interface applications.

https://www.startech.com/support/COMP2VGA

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You can't do what you want. The yellow RCA connector is for composite video; VGA has separate colors.

You can buy converters to do the conversion from composite video to something supported by a PC monitor.

A constructive comment. Your post was more difficult to read than it needed to be because you didn't use paragraphs to organize your thoughts, or use proper grammar.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You cant do it like that, you need to convert tbe Composite video to Vga/Rca with an adapter .

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC-Laptop-Composite-AV-S-Video-To-VGA-TV-Converter-Monitor-Adapter-Switch-Box-FC/183282737044?hash=item2aac809f94:g:MQgAAOSwdTZbKdcC&_sop=15&_pgn=8&_sacat=0&_nkw=composite+video+to+vga+converter&_from=R40&rt=nc