Using LF411CN to amplify voltage

nkazi

Joined Aug 19, 2014
Hey

I want to know how I can use the LF411CN op amp to increase a voltage signal of 40 - 200 mV to a 1 - 5 V signal. The gain of the circuit is 25. I've searched the net and cant find a schematic of this circuit

thanks

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
You don't tell as anything about the input signal frequency? The supply voltage and so on. Also the LM411 in this application will need dual-supply.
As for the circuit diagram simply use non inverting op-amp with the gain equal to 25. You don't need any dc shifting here.

Attachments

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A rail-to-rail input, rail-to-rail output, modern opamp could do this without needing a negative supply. If powered on +5V, it could pull within mV of +5V when the input is 200mV.

I would make R1 and R3 10K, and R2=240K.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Along with what MikeML said, note that the input offset voltage will be amplified by the gain, so you'll either want a very low input offset voltage, or you'll need to null out the input offset to avoid what could be a large error on the output. Since the application hasn't been mentioned, we have no idea how precisely you need the output to follow the input.