Using a L9110 H-Bridge module without an Arduino

Nocapacity

Joined Sep 3, 2015
Right, I better come clean, I'm a huge amateur trying to learn on my feet and I seem to be failing at every turn.

I want to drive a motor forward and backward using one switch. So, I've created this toggle circuit -

Now, I wanted to use this H-Bridge module - http://www.gie.com.my/products.php?action=modules/motor/L9110_motor so when the toggle switch is pressed it switches the direction of the motor (the motor will always be on one way or another). If pin IA1 on the H-bridge module is high (connected to pin 3 of the toggle circuit) and IB1 is low it goes clockwise and vice versa. But I want them both connected up so the switch alternates the direction of the motor. I tried setting up a resistor/diode flip-flop and connecting IA1 and IB1 to either side of them, but this doesn't seem to work. Am I fighting a losing battle or is there a way of getting this module to work with my toggle circuit?

I've removed the LED and resistor at pin three from the above circuit as this seems to trigger the H-Bridge module.

Sorry if my description is bad and if I'm getting everything wrong please let me know.

Metalfan1185

Joined Sep 12, 2008
Idk if its the best solution, but a possible solution would be to use 2 inverter gates from a 7404 IC. Like this:

12226699_10153793560094887_1473922508_n.jpg

I forget the pin numbers but they are easy to find. GND the unused gate inputs on the 7404.

Nocapacity

Joined Sep 3, 2015
Idk if its the best solution, but a possible solution would be to use 2 inverter gates from a 7404 IC. Like this:

View attachment 94181

I forget the pin numbers but they are easy to find. GND the unused gate inputs on the 7404.
Ahh thanks, that makes sense. I really thought there would be a way of doing this without an IC, I tried a diode/resistor gate and a transistor gate, but still couldn't get it to respond. Do you know why this might be the case?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Ahh thanks, that makes sense. I really thought there would be a way of doing this without an IC, I tried a diode/resistor gate and a transistor gate, but still couldn't get it to respond. Do you know why this might be the case?
Not without a schematic of those circuits.