use phone wireless charging reverse as power source

Halfpint786

Joined Feb 19, 2018
They don't work in reverse. The ac is rectified to DC in the phone and I do not believe phones have the hardware to drive the coil like that.

If all you want is to light a small LED, cant you use the usb port or the audio jack?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
how can i use phone wireless charging reverse as power source to light led or any small device
You need
- a comparable phone with reverse-charging capabilities, and
- a comparable wireless charger receiver module (chip plus coil).

Read up on wireless charging standards. Modules are available on eBay, aliexpress and Amazon and even legit electronics distributors like Digikey, newark, mouser, ...

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
First a bit of reality: You Tube is a lot like a cartoon show, in that just because they show something can be done does not mean that it really can be done. Much of what is shown is faked.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
First a bit of reality: You Tube is a lot like a cartoon show, in that just because they show something can be done does not mean that it really can be done. Much of what is shown is faked.
If you're talking about the links I posted to Big Clive's videos I posted, I will personally vouch for their authenticity. Clive is extremely knowledgeable in a variety of subjects, and explains things clearly and completely.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
A wise opinion but I strongly support the ability for anyone to post videos. From a scientific perspective, people can share their ideas and others can learn (for free) in what can be an interactive experience.

If you know the name Julius Sumner Miller, you might know he supported the idea that getting people interested is possibly the most important part of science. What better to get people interested than by demonstration? To this end, YouTube is an excellent tool among other Google services offered for free. Even you could make a profit sharing what you know instead of just posting about where it will be read a handful of times then discarded!

AF234

Joined Nov 28, 2022
this is really great videos thanks ,
there's someone did the same with phone ?
Hello!
Sorry this might be late; Made an account just to tell you this.
There's a similar technology that is used in Gundam model kits, where LEDs light up when they come within proximity of a particular base stand.

<MOD: Commercial Link Removed>

It's not exactly a phone making the LED turn on, but the size of the LEDs getting turned on is remarkably smaller than I'd expected. I hope this helps out somehow!

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If we assume that the functioning of one's phone is primarily for communication, then any taking away phone power for another purpose is undesirable because power is needed for communications.
Of course the whole wireless charging concept is much less efficient than a good plug in charging system. No way it can be as efficient because of the losses in the coupling coils. So that is one function that I would never accept to be present on a phone, or an electric vehicle, for that matter.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
If we assume that the functioning of one's phone is primarily for communication, then any taking away phone power for another purpose is undesirable because power is needed for communications.
Of course the whole wireless charging concept is much less efficient than a good plug in charging system. No way it can be as efficient because of the losses in the coupling coils. So that is one function that I would never accept to be present on a phone, or an electric vehicle, for that matter.
It has reasonable application for charging small capacity batteries in things like wireless earphones and watches.

AF234

Joined Nov 28, 2022
You're totally right. Why would we bother putting things on our phones that don't help us communicate?
-he typed on the web browser from his phone (which had a camera, flashlight, and multiple games)
/s

You must be fun at parties.