Help! Converting an Old cordless phone to a wireless microphone

Mozee

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Hello friends,

So I've bought this Eurotel cordless phone for a dirt cheap price. I would like to convert this phone to a wireless microphone.
Problem is the transmission IC numbers are not clear (Have been wiped out somehow on purpose?) and I have no access to an oscilloscope :(

Help is appreciated.

Attachments

Mozee

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Yea I know, but the point is to learn how to build it yourself so It might open up more and more ideas for you as a maker. I believe that we're all makers here, aren't we?!

Mozee

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Anyways, I guess I'm getting an Oscilloscope soon and I will try to figure it out myself >>> So excited about that btw :)
@Colin55 I don't know if you can feel that or not but there is a huge fun in making things by your own hands for old cheap stuff, at the same time It is considered recycling my friend and so you are making a useful thing from basically a useless thing and keeping your environment clean at the same time, now how can this be wrong ;)

hey @crutschow thanks for passing by

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Dive in and start learning from hands-on activities- great!

Just understand that modern consumer electronics are very complex and miniaturized to the point of madness.
It takes a lot of skill and time to reverse engineer these products. Your stated goal is very difficult, even for a seasoned pro.

I would start with something simpler, to avoid that sinking feeling.