Upgrade to LTSPICE 17.1

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
This is a new thread that started at https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ity-of-a-buck-converter-using-ltspice.193002/ because I didn't want to hijack @hoyyoth 's thread any further.
Now that I have SPICE 17.1, it's telling me that all sorts of components are missing, but I can find them in the files using a text editor.
Could someone please let me know the path it uses.
If I look in LTspiceXVII/lib/standard.bjt I can see an entry that starts ".model BCV61C" but it complains that it "can't find definition of model BCV61C", so presumably, it must be looking down a different file path.
I also have LTspiceXVII/lib/standard/standard.bjt and LTspiceXVII/lib/original/standard.bjt which don't contain BCV61C: should they all be there?

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi Ian,
These two clips show my LTS
Path's on my Desktop PC.
The Documents Folder and also the C:\ drive, I am using since 2022, XVII version. all OK.

E
EG57_ 742.pngEG57_ 741.png

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Wherever you installed LTS, the default path where LTS looks when it runs is your Documents folder, But you can add other paths.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I've rationalised the files, but now it can't find all the model within standard.bjt (might have been the problem before)
My standard.bjt file has 1778 lines, but when I use the drop-down "select bipolar transistor" menu, it only can find about 150 different transistors in each of NPN and PNP, about 300 altogether.
Has it suddenly become case-sensitive?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Hi,
Do a PC Search for 'standard.bjt' files.LT

I suspect you have two folders with the same name.
E
Ha! Found it. The previous version (running on Wine/Linux) was in /home/ian/documents/LTspiceVII/lib/cmp, the new installation created a completely different path in /home/ian/.wine/drive_c/users/ian/LocalSettings/ApplicationData/LTspice/lib/cmp
yet it was still managing to find all the .asc files I had created which were still in /home/ian/documents/LTspiceVII/lib/sym/AutoGenerated

My final question: Is that the correct place for the .asc files?