Unknown Rf (433) board serial output?

DenseSky50

Joined May 9, 2020
Hi All

My first post because I am beginning my learning with RF devices and continuing my software learning. I think I maybe making some rookie errors so please help if you can.

I am trying to decode some info from some RF sensors and do some calculations on the. The sensors came with a receiver mounted to a board which includes a USB to serial converter chip (CH340T). I think/hope the RF reciever board uses a serial output but i've tried a TTL to USB converter and whilst I get data its garbage and not spaced properly etc. The RF board has a number which I think is 8281 (could be 1828) and I found a datasheet for an ESP8285 so i've been using the serial settings for that because I don't have much else to go on.

The reason for using the serial output is I would like to put this into an arduino without using a USB shield (which appear to be a dead product for Arduino now).

How do I try and trace if I am doing the right thing, I can't find data on the board or chip are there any good resources? Should I be trying to read the serial off the CH340T serial in pin directly (I am not at the moment i'm using a soldering joint marked 'DATA' which I think is connected to the CH340T.

RF Board.JPG

Thankyou for any info/advice

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi DS50,
Welcome to AAC.
Do you have a circuit diagram to post, showing the connections, also any part numbers for the sensor.?
E

DenseSky50

Joined May 9, 2020
Getting the speed right would be excellent start.
Thanks although I've tried all of them so far and it hasn't decreased the jargon so I'm hoping I have the wrong protocol. I guess I could try scoping the line to check I see the size of messages I'm expecting and the levels. That will help narrow down the protocol I guess.