Unknown Circuit Pin/Connector

TheLostRazgriz

Joined Sep 25, 2017
I found a Velleman 7W Mono Amplifier kit just laying around. I put it together, but I don't know what kind of connectors I need to connect to the pins. After a brief Google search, I still don't know what I'm dealing with. Does anybody know what type of pin/connector is on the PCB?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
those pins are normaly supplied with kits to solder your leads to. not for sockets.

Who are you responding to? Please use quote. It is too confusing without it.

If you mean me. Then as I said they should work. They at least appear to be close to the size on nixie tube pins.

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
those pins are normaly supplied with kits to solder your leads to. not for sockets.
True - but some people like push connectors.

I'd look around for something I could rescue receptacles from. HDD Molex type would be too big for those pins, but that's the drift of it. Once you've liberated receptacles from a connector housing, you can squeeze them closed to suit whatever size pin and cover them with heat shrink sleeve.

Even the likes of Maplin should have various connector receptacles in stock, I usually salvage something with wires already attached because I can't be bothered playing hunt the crimp tool.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Wasn't meant for you at all spinnaker. It was just a suggestion from personal experience with kits ive assembled, & the kit instructions were as solder pins. But single sockets are quite ok, I tend to do what ian field does, salvage single conectors with attached wire out of recepticals.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wasn't meant for you at all spinnaker. It was just a suggestion from personal experience with kits ive assembled, & the kit instructions were as solder pins. But single sockets are quite ok, I tend to do what ian field does, salvage single conectors with attached wire out of recepticals.

Quoting helps avoid confusion. Please use it.