unknown circuit board

lostcause

Joined Aug 14, 2018
I have an unknown circuit board, I need to reproduce it. Going by the pictures and what I believe is my take on the circuit diagram. Can anyone confirm that I have copied the board and it is diagramed properly? I'm asking before I post the pix and diagrams to make sure there are live people on here.

lostcause

Joined Aug 14, 2018
Ok here is a pic of what I think is the diagram. Also a drawing of the pcb traces. Is this a working circuit based on the pcb drawing. Want to make sure before i reproduce a couple of these. This for a 15kw generator, I believe it is either a rectifier or "brushless exciter"? Been to generator shops and they have no clue what this is/does. I've tested by meter the diodes on this pcb and 1 is bad. what do you think?
MOD: Rotated and tidied your image.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lostcause

Joined Aug 14, 2018
Ok, I guess I didn't ask question properly. What exactly does this circuit do?, this are the diagrams I drew looking at original pcb. Looking at my drawing of the pcb, did I draw a proper circuit diagram?. It seems to me to be a half-wave rectifier. Will changing to a full-wave rectifier help or not? Btw, I was already on pad per hole production, I was just confirming that I read the pcb correctly and had the proper parts and connections. After I make these I can't test them in circuit, I can only test the individual components, here. I have to send to London where these circuits will be used .

Attachments

steveT1968

Joined Aug 18, 2018
I have an unknown circuit board, I need to reproduce it. Going by the pictures and what I believe is my take on the circuit diagram. Can anyone confirm that I have copied the board and it is diagramed properly? I'm asking before I post the pix and diagrams to make sure there are live people on here.
Apparently, another NON-answer. What is wrong with the circuit? Can you draw a corrected diagram?
A photo of the actual board would help no end. You have drawn the board... Correctly, who knows without seeing the board.

A scribbled diagram with water stains (? ) and corrections do not make it easy to interpret by anyone who hasn't seen the original.

lostcause

Joined Aug 14, 2018
Good, 2 more non answers. Maybe you should look at this on a big monitor and blow it up. I know I drew the pcb properly. So a picture is not needed.

steveT1968

Joined Aug 18, 2018
I know I drew the pcb properly
Another non-question then. Why ask if you drew it right without showing the actual pcb, then state you know you drew it right?

I will ask again. Can you redraw it without corrections and water/ stains, including a photo of the pcb? Top and bottom side seem to be a copy of each other, except bottom side has polarity on both pair of terminals, where as top has polarity on one set.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Can you redraw it without corrections and water/ stains,
Maybe that is what the original PCB looks like?

lostcause, what this sounds like is that you want to tell who ever your sending this to, "it's not my fault you expensive generator blew up. I got people online to say it would work, so blame them". Why even ask a question here if your sure it is correct? Doesn't make sense. You're the one with this in front of him, so you need to be the final decider.