Unidentified USB hub chip. What is it?

HWENGINEER

Joined Apr 12, 2021
I'm working on a design that needs two relatively low throughput USB 2.0 ports. I bought a cheap 4 port USB hub on EBay and when I took it apart the entire hub is designed around a single 16 pin SOIC chip with only a single 0603 cap for support components. That's it, a single chip and a cap.

The interesting thing is, all identification has been ground off. I've searched online for such a chip with no luck. Even Mouser doesn't list a 16 pin USB hub chip. Anyone have a clue as to the identity of this chip?

My board is a one off and I will be putting the chip on my board. However, it would be nice to put a part number to the face.

Ross124

Joined May 6, 2021
I'm working on a design that needs two relatively low throughput USB 2.0 ports. I bought a cheap 4 port USB hub on EBay and when I took it apart the entire hub is designed around a single 16 pin SOIC chip with only a single 0603 cap for support components. That's it, a single chip and a cap FaceTime.

The interesting thing is, all identification has been ground off. I've searched online for such a chip with no luck. Even Mouser doesn't list a 16 pin USB hub chip. Anyone have a clue as to the identity of this chip?

My board is a one off and I will be putting the chip on my board. However, it would be nice to put a part number to the face.
You might right click on it and select "Update Driver", but if the Descriptor Request is denied it may not be possible to determine a "Driver For What"...

You might go to Intel.com and look for drivers for your specific Chipset...

In particular https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

The chipsets it applies to are listed near the bottom...

You may have a 3rd party USB Controller Chip... My machine uses Asmedia for instance... but there are others...

Look to see what is available from your computer manufacturer and\or the Chip's manufacturer..