General Feedback Unidentified Followers

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I just noticed that followers (I know, it's weird that I have any) shown on my profile page are avatars only with no username captions. In light of the fact that many users have not uploaded an avatar, it looks like I have an army (a very small one) of faceless minions.

I'm using the good skin, not the eurotrash orange one, and viewing on a Droid Turbo.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A few years ago, we could make personal acquaintances on this site. I think they were called "friends". (I have 6 that are still active members.) Now, I have 52 followers. I have no idea who they are or why they follow me. I don't know how to, "friend" anybody now. My "followers" don't have avatars? Their names only show up when I mouse over them? Not on my, "to do" list. I don't Like, Facebook, Twitter, or Link In. I don't encourage random strangers from Nebraska to Nepal to get notifications of my every word. Why would you care how your random strangers are represented on this site? (Don't answer that, just think about it.)

ps, Minions are good. The are cute and silly. They have a movie coming out soon. I like Minions. :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
A few years ago, we could make personal acquaintances on this site. I think they were called "friends". (I have 6 that are still active members.) Now, I have 52 followers. I have no idea who they are or why they follow me. I don't know how to, "friend" anybody now. My "followers" don't have avatars? Their names only show up when I mouse over them? Not on my, "to do" list. I don't Like, Facebook, Twitter, or Link In. I don't encourage random strangers from Nebraska to Nepal to get notifications of my every word. Why would you care how your random strangers are represented on this site? (Don't answer that, just think about it.)

ps, Minions are good. The are cute and silly. They have a movie coming out soon. I like Minions. :)
You have 52 followers, it means that you are old enough at here, look your 12,084 posts, see, the numbers and the contents of posts will attractive the members like to follow you, they can easily to find your posts on the old threads, so they followed you may find many things they want to know.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thank you, @ScottWang
I suppose every follower has his/her reasons. Those being followed are often merely puzzled and far too short on time to try to understand each one with their own particular motive. In post #2 I was trying to say that ensuring that each follower has a proper avatar and prominent identification is simply impossible.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Thank you, @ScottWang
I suppose every follower has his/her reasons. Those being followed are often merely puzzled and far too short on time to try to understand each one with their own particular motive. In post #2 I was trying to say that ensuring that each follower has a proper avatar and prominent identification is simply impossible.
Yes, they have their different reasons, when they referring to your old posts, everyone may not look the same thread, so they will choose the post match what they need, so for you may not effecting anything, but to them, they will treat you as a guider in this forum, and they think if they follow you then they will learn something new from you, they will be watching you.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Then you have a bad minion, wasting time and trying to be funny or cute - that is crap! A good minion is a loyal servant that does what ever I say and keeps his mouth shut!
Apparently this whole crew of movie Minions didn't read the Employee Manual. :D
Might I interest you in a nice House Elf? :p

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Then you have a bad minion, wasting time and trying to be funny or cute - that is crap! A good minion is a loyal servant that does what ever I say and keeps his mouth shut!
Just for clarifaction purposes... this is how you can tell a good minion from a bad minion:

asdasd.jpg

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Bad teeth and no depth perception, poor guy.

I just keep looking at these characters and try to figure out, "who decided characters with no shoulders need suspenders?"
Judging from their skin color... it must be the same guy who gave hepatitis to the one on the left, and cyanosis to the other one...