Understanding the RAM address of a 7 segment 4 digit display( HT1668 )

Chethan_Raj

Joined Aug 1, 2022
hi there, Iv'e salvaged a 7 segment display and i comes with an ht1668 driver ic with half duplex spi for communication, i was reading the datasheet and understood the communication side, but couldn't understand how and where data should be written to the driver, the datasheet doesnt provide further explanations, and i'm stuck here, below is a link for official datasheet. I tried interfacing it with a already available arduino library, but i found that there are some connections wired different in the PCB and the library doesnt allow for pin configurations. so no luck. So my only option is to communicate manually using the spi and datasheet. you can suggest me some resources where they have explained this.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
hi there, Iv'e salvaged a 7 segment display and i comes with an ht1668 driver ic with half duplex spi for communication, i was reading the datasheet and understood the communication side, but couldn't understand how and where data should be written to the driver, the datasheet doesnt provide further explanations, and i'm stuck here, below is a link for official datasheet. I tried interfacing it with a already available arduino library, but i found that there are some connections wired different in the PCB and the library doesnt allow for pin configurations. so no luck. So my only option is to communicate manually using the spi and datasheet. you can suggest me some resources where they have explained this.
Hello there,

This looks like an application specific display device which means it was made for a specific product. That also means that it probably wont be anything like a cheap LCD display you can buy almost anywhere these days and get drivers and everything you need, and most important, be able to display a whole lot more on it.

Any good reason why you really want to use this display?
If you need to use it for some reason and cant find any ready made driver then you will have to study the data sheet very intensely as you usually have to know how the whole chip works all at once before you can design driver software. It also may take some hours of experimentation trying different things and re-reading the data sheet over and over until you come up with the right sequence. They do provide a flow chart too so that should help.