Ultrasonic testing simulation in Matlab

Nibi

Joined May 3, 2015
I am planning to do an underground tunnel detection model with an ultrasonic transmitter and receiver. I have to find out the depth, length, radius of the hidden object ( within the soil). The sensor will transmit the reflected data. From the data the above features should extract in Matlab. Could you please tell me any suitable algorithm to extract the features of the object from reflected data.

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

I am planning to do an underground tunnel detection model with an ultrasonic transmitter and receiver. I have to find out the depth, length, radius of the hidden object ( within the soil). The sensor will transmit the reflected data. From the data the above features should extract in Matlab. Could you please tell me any suitable algorithm to extract the features of the object from reflected data.
For starters, I couldn't tell you how to get through any serious amount of soil, if you think of the standard 30..50kHz piezo transducers normally used for distance detection (you'd only detect the distance to the soil that way).

To get valid data of such, I think you have to read up on seismology, where a network of sensors are set up around an area surveyed and a small explosion is set off while the sensors are being logged and the delays and echoes used to draw a map of the underground.

Is this school work?

Nibi

Joined May 3, 2015
Thank You Sir.
There should be 1 transmitter and 'n' receivers. The received data stored in a mfile (Matlab file).
Could you please tell me in order to get the 3-D image what should be the processes that the data pass through.