Khisraw

Joined Nov 14, 2020
Hello,
We have used a flyback switcher UCC28910DR from TI in our board but unfortunately, the lead time for his part is now 63 weeks. Anyone can suggest an alternative?
I really want to avoid board redesign.

Cheers

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
How many do you need?
Good suppliers don't have. There are some questionable suppliers that say they can get them but from experience they can't.

Khisraw

Joined Nov 14, 2020
How many do you need?
Good suppliers don't have. There are some questionable suppliers that say they can get them but from experience they can't.
I have reached out to some suppliers who still poses this part but they are offering it at $33/unit. The real price without is $0.6.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
offering it at $33/unit. The real price without is $0.6
Yes, I see a lot if this. I got a year's supply of parts, broke the bank, but I am ok.
There are other parts that are close to the same thing, but your power supply will need to go through agency approval again.

In my case I have changed venders and change to slightly different parts often this year. About every two months I change the PCB to work with what parts I have on hand. Not good news.

I have a problem with a part form TI that works well. People get a competitor's part and mark it with TI's part number. It works for most applications but not for me. Watch out for fakes that almost work.

I see the UCC28911 is also not available.

Last edited: