Type of equipment

sam717

Joined Nov 29, 2023
I have a small device that i built and I need to connect it to electricity and run 250 watt into .
Iam using a 14 gauge speaker wire in the device
I need to connect both ends of the speaker wire to electricity
But I don't know what equipments do I need like a power supply to connect to the speaker wire and run 250 watt of electricity

sam717

Joined Nov 29, 2023
I have a small device that i built ( magnetic pulser) and I need to connect it to electricity and run 250 watt into it
But I don't know what equipments do I need like a power supply to connect to the speaker wire and run 250 watt of electricity

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Most devices need to be supplied with a constant voltage supply. (Except LEDs which require aconstant current supply.) the power consumed by the device is a fubction of the design of the device except if required power is greadter than the capability of the power source.
In post #6 it sounds like you are driving a loudspeaker. For that you would need an amplifer that was capable of supplying 250 watts into the impedance of the speaker.

Les.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I have a small device that i built ( magnetic pulser) and I need to connect it to electricity and run 250 watt into it
Your device looks like a triangular coil of wire. Are you sure it can safely handle 250W ? That is 100V at 2.5A or 10V at 25A. It all depends on the characteristics of the load.
To answer your question, we need to know either what is the resistance and inductance of your device or the dimensions of the coil and what gauge of wire it is made from. We also need to know whether the input is pulsed DC or AC and the frequency and pulse length you are planning on using. Without all of that information I could not even hazard a wild guess at what power source you need.

sam717

Joined Nov 29, 2023
Too vague!
Give precise details of the equipment or circuit!
There is no circuit or equipment. I have about 200 magnets and speaker wire next to the magnet. And I need to 150 W in the speaker wire, so my device would be Working and I don't know what kind of power supply or amplifier I need to use

sam717

Joined Nov 29, 2023
Your device looks like a triangular coil of wire. Are you sure it can safely handle 250W ? That is 100V at 2.5A or 10V at 25A. It all depends on the characteristics of the load.
To answer your question, we need to know either what is the resistance and inductance of your device or the dimensions of the coil and what gauge of wire it is made from. We also need to know whether the input is pulsed DC or AC and the frequency and pulse length you are planning on using. Without all of that information I could not even hazard a wild guess at what power source you need.
The speaker wire is 14 gauge and it can handle up to 300 watt and the device I made consist of about 200 magnets rapped around it with isolated 14 gauge speaker wire so to make the a stong magnetic field I need to run about 200 watt in the speaker wire but I don't know how to connect it to electricity and what type of power supply or amplifier or transformer that I need to use

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Watts have nothing to do with the magnetic field produced. If you put 250W of DC into your coil of speaker wire that will all go into wasted heat.

And how is it pulsing if it is fed by DC? That is a contradiction of terms.

Tell us the theory of operation of this device and how you determined it “needs” 250W.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The speaker wire is 14 gauge and it can handle up to 300 watt and the device I made consist of about 200 magnets rapped around it with isolated 14 gauge speaker wire so to make the a stong magnetic field I need to run about 200 watt in the speaker wire but I don't know how to connect it to electricity and what type of power supply or amplifier or transformer that I need to use
If you answer all of my questions, I may be able to suggest a power source.
Where did you get the information on how to construct the device? Did it not give any information on the power source other than 250W?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

What do you expect the device to do if it is successful?
Can you provide a source for plans or an explanation of it?

If you think you are at a loss concerning how to power it, I can tell you that people who should be able to answer your question are even more at sea because what you are saying—even trying to read between the lines—doesn’t make sense. If we are going to be able to help. you are going to have to tell use where you got the design and where you are getting the numbers you are using.

As things stand, what you are saying sounds like nonsense and that could be because so much is missing.

sam717

Joined Nov 29, 2023
If you answer all of my questions, I may be able to suggest a power source.
Where did you get the information on how to construct the device? Did it not give any information on the power source other than 250W?
this is the link from where I made the device but in this video he is using computer adapter which iam using right now but the magnetic field is week and I want to strengthen the field by raising the power