Tv transmitter

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
I have already been able to transmit to a radio using a transmitter driven by an Xtal circuit and two more stages ( no a a crystal oscillator, it would be too easy and I wouldn't learned anything) , today I did it with an LC driven circuit . I just following circuits I see but I am learning . Now I want to transmit images and audio to a TV set using an USB cable which drive data and power . Can I use the same circuits ( just varying the frequencies for TV channels of course ) for this purpose ??.

Attachments

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
No. An RF oscillator cannot send an image to a TV via a USB port. USB is a digital data protocol requiring a cpu to package up and send the data.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I have already been able to transmit to a radio using a transmitter driven by an Xtal circuit and two more stages ( no a a crystal oscillator, it would be too easy and I wouldn't learned anything) , today I did it with an LC driven circuit . I just following circuits I see but I am learning . Now I want to transmit images and audio to a TV set using an USB cable which drive data and power . Can I use the same circuits ( just varying the frequencies for TV channels of course ) for this purpose ??.
What do you mean, exactly, about sending with a usb cable? Do you mean using the USB instead of a coaxial cable? And send to an analog receiver (antenna-like input for another device)? Or, do you want to send it to a computer to display and/or store?

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022

What do you mean, exactly, about sending with a usb cable? Do you mean using the USB instead of a coaxial cable? And send to an analog receiver (antenna-like input for another device)? Or, do you want to send it to a computer to display and/or store?
I mean to connect my laptop to the transmitter ( any video from YouTube and that this can be seen on the TV SET using the transmitter . Of course it would need an USB cable. I just want to know if it is feasible.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
I mean , connecting the USB to the computer and then to the RF transmitter so it can be seen on the TV SET in my room. I mean , USB can send image and audio , the transmitter would be the intermediate.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
No. An RF oscillator cannot send an image to a TV via a USB port. USB is a digital data protocol requiring a cpu to package up and send the data.
So what kind of cable can I connect from the laptop ( I will send YouTube videos to the TV set ) to the transmitter ??.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So what kind of cable can I connect from the laptop
If the laptop has an HDMI connector you can go directly from the laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable.

If you want to use an over-the-air transmitter, you can't use the simple circuit you show.
You can, however, buy a transmitter and receiver that will transmit the digital signal.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
If the laptop has an HDMI connector you can go directly from the laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable.

If you want to use an over-the-air transmitter, you can't use the simple circuit you show.
You can, however, buy a transmitter and receiver that will transmit the digital signal.
Haha , I wouldn't feel glorious doing that. Buying something ??. I need to create .

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Unless you have a very old TV, they do not even handle analog video over RF any more, they are all digital.

If you have an old analog TV that takes NTSC or PAL, you could possibly get an adapter that goes from HDMI or VGA to composite (analog) video, run this through a modulator, like early game consoles used, then run that into a transmitter. And then you might get a 1960 quality picture.

Also, I am not sure that it is legal to transmit even low power at analog TV frequencies.

If you are very bright, you might be able to learn what you need to complete this project in a few years.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
A good number of simple television + audio transmitters were once made. The signals were take from the video and audio (analog of course) outputs of video cassette recorders (more modern version of the old 8 track tape cassette :)

Seriously if an analog format, you probably need a format compatible with a receiver (that you already have).

Question #1 what analog receivers are candidates for this project, and
Question #2 what formats can they receive.
I think you already knew this but wanted to summarize- the problem is simple at the moments.

Antsy electron

Joined Dec 27, 2022
What brand and model is you laptop?
What audio/video output does it have?
What is the TV set?
Does it have an analog or digital input?

I appreciate you wanting to "create" a circuit, but that's beyond anyone but an expert if the signal is digital. :rolleyes:
The laptop is an HP and the TV is a smart Samsung.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You are looking for a simple answer to a complex problem.
If you can't answer all our questions, how do you expect us to answer yours?