TV antenna Booster

pilotshero

Joined Nov 29, 2007
I was wandering if anyone out there knows how to build a TV antenna booster. I have a schematic for one but it is only good for channels 2-12, this will not solve my reception problem for all channels.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That covers a lot of bandwidth. Upper VHF channels cover from around 108 MHZ to 160 MHZ. UHF runs from about 200 MHZ up to around 400 MHZ. You can get a booster for around $25.00, probably cheaper than a homebrew. Plus Uncle Charlie is stopping conventional tv broadcast in February of 2009.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
That covers a lot of bandwidth. Upper VHF channels cover from around 108 MHZ to 160 MHZ. UHF runs from about 200 MHZ up to around 400 MHZ. You can get a booster for around $25.00, probably cheaper than a homebrew. Plus Uncle Charlie is stopping conventional tv broadcast in February of 2009.
What? Does that mean we have to buy cable or satelite? Or is it that broadcast will be going digital/hi-def, and our current TVs will be parts for salvage?

Guess I should do some research, I don't want another bill for something I seldom use, and I like my big TV I got for free (few minor repairs). Don't think I want Hi-Def anyway, don't want to see how much makeup they wear, or what they are hiding under it...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Yep, HDTV won't fit in the old bandwidth slots. So the FCC is going to auction off the current tv bands. If you live any distance from the transmitter, don't expect to be able to get a usable signal.