Turn-Stop-Taillight circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.s.hutchinson

Joined Dec 6, 2014
Hi guys, new here and looking for some help on a circuit for turn-stop-running lights using 2 wire led's, they only have a positive and negative coming out.

I want to use just two of these, 1 on either side of the bike and to function as such; both dim for running light, both full bright for brake light, and then either side will flash full brightness for turn signals.

I could wire a diode and resistor in parallel to dim the LED which will give me running light and brake light functions (making the 2 wire LED into a 3 wire), but I do not know how I can get the turn signal to supercede the brake light and flash the LED when the brake is applied.

Is is possible to build a circuit to control this?

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Please read the Terms of Service (ToS).
This can be found in our Terms of Service.

The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

6.Restricted topics.The following topics are regularly raised, are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
There are other sites which may be able to give you some guidance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.